Search found 8 matches

by Mrodoni
27 Jun 2017, 07:45
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Swiss / Italian HELP!!!
Replies: 14
Views: 11438

Re: Swiss / Italian HELP!!!

Greetings,
I am still searching for family heritage / lineage. I've been able to add info, but it's incomplete.

Aquilino Rodoni:
My great-great-grandfather Defendente Rodoni, b. 09.05.1822 (9th of May), was the son of Carlo, b. 16.01.1775 (his parent’s names were Giuseppe and Caterina, born Papa ...
by Mrodoni
09 Apr 2017, 01:37
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Swiss / Italian HELP!!!
Replies: 14
Views: 11438

Re: Swiss / Italian HELP!!!

I ordered the married certificate of Aquilino & Florinda, as well as grandfather's birth certificate to check the names listed.
by Mrodoni
30 Mar 2017, 07:36
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Swiss / Italian HELP!!!
Replies: 14
Views: 11438

Re: Swiss / Italian HELP!!!

Ok...just found shipping manifest with the name Costella Rodoni. Guessing that's a new bread crumb.
by Mrodoni
29 Mar 2017, 05:53
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Swiss / Italian HELP!!!
Replies: 14
Views: 11438

Re: Swiss / Italian HELP!!!

One more question... any thoughts as to what Gosea could've been mistaken for? Phonetically it's not even close to Stella. The closest I get is Sofia, Sophia, etc or it's possibly Giosi
Any thoughts would be great in helping me decipher this misspelling.
Thanks again, Michelle
by Mrodoni
28 Mar 2017, 18:55
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Swiss / Italian HELP!!!
Replies: 14
Views: 11438

Re: Swiss / Italian HELP!!!

Thank you for the help. I'll continue to search the misspelled name. I'll pursue other routes for Stella. I do know Stella married Joseph S Abrams (44), when she was 35. I found a marriage license announcement in an old Italian newspaper.
I feel like I'm so...close to getting some answers and yet ...
by Mrodoni
26 Mar 2017, 07:14
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Swiss / Italian HELP!!!
Replies: 14
Views: 11438

Re: Swiss / Italian HELP!!!

Ok... I am still confused. I've been able to find the census information and possible arrival date, however the best guess information was that she arrived in 1893 abt, married Aquilino Rodoni in 1894. Married name: Rodoni, told maiden name was Mattei, but I am unable to verify that information and ...
by Mrodoni
22 Mar 2017, 06:21
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Mattei's family
Replies: 5
Views: 3082

Re: Mattei's family

My great grandmother was Florinda Lidia Mattei Rodoni and I'm trying to find ANY information I can. I've hit a major roadblock in researching her.
by Mrodoni
22 Mar 2017, 06:18
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Swiss / Italian HELP!!!
Replies: 14
Views: 11438

Swiss / Italian HELP!!!

Doing family research and have hit a major roadblock. Great grandfather Aquilino Rodoni (1851-1937 ish) married Florinda Lidia Mattei (1861-1948 ish) whom we've been told was married previously and had a daughter Stella Mattei (1888- ). We haven't been able to find ANY information regarding either ...