Search found 9 matches

by Tanya
20 Apr 2017, 19:52
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Salvatore Pino
Replies: 54
Views: 12610

Re: Salvatore Pino

Wow! You are both amazing!!! I have a lot of work to do on adding this all to my family tree!! How exciting! Thank you again for everything! You are both so kind and I can never thank you enough for all of this!
by Tanya
19 Apr 2017, 07:27
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Salvatore Pino
Replies: 54
Views: 12610

Re: Salvatore Pino

Wow! Where to begin?

Ok, so I have an email in to the Vital Statistics office in Nova Scotia. According to the date of death for Anna, her death certificate should also be online and available for purchase. Unfortunately, it is not. As you've seen there are only two adult and one infant death ...
by Tanya
16 Apr 2017, 03:05
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Salvatore Pino
Replies: 54
Views: 12610

Re: Salvatore Pino

Biff,

I apologize for any misleading info from my tree. I am not the greatest when it comes to ancestry research.

I have his death certificate from Canada, but it has an approximate DOB and parents were not listed. My uncle provided the information for the death certificate at the time of his ...
by Tanya
16 Apr 2017, 01:23
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Salvatore Pino
Replies: 54
Views: 12610

Re: Salvatore Pino

That census on my tree shouldn't be there; it's not my grandfather. I don't know how I accepted it for my grandfather. They never had a child named Antonio... they had Americo in 1916 in Canada, who was their first child.
by Tanya
15 Apr 2017, 15:51
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Salvatore Pino
Replies: 54
Views: 12610

Re: Salvatore Pino

Biff,

Is this something that is common with nobody claiming the child in a birth record? I hadn't heard of that in any of the research I had done until now. What does that usually mean when parents aren't on the birth record? Was he an orphan? Was he illigitimate? I have so many more questions now ...
by Tanya
15 Apr 2017, 15:11
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Salvatore Pino
Replies: 54
Views: 12610

Re: Salvatore Pino

Thank you, Biff. That was interesting that nobody wanted to claim this child. Maybe there are church records of baptism that would state the parents names? Or have I come to another dead end?
by Tanya
15 Apr 2017, 03:14
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Salvatore Pino
Replies: 54
Views: 12610

Re: Salvatore Pino

I am unsure if they married in Italy, but we all believe they did. Her date of birth was November 5, 1896.

Also, the Salvatore Pino with the date of birth December 11, 1881 sounds like the match because of the similar birthday we have. How do I research further information to find his parents ...
by Tanya
14 Apr 2017, 21:19
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Salvatore Pino
Replies: 54
Views: 12610

Re: Salvatore Pino

Santu Lissurgiu, Cagliari, Italy is listed as his birthplace. That is the most I could find about his birth.

He was said to have been married already when he came to Canada, but I'm not sure in what country or when that marriage took place.

Thank you for sharing that information and directing me ...
by Tanya
13 Apr 2017, 04:04
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Salvatore Pino
Replies: 54
Views: 12610

Salvatore Pino

I am trying to locate my family. My grandfather, Salvatore Antonio Mario Pino, was born in the early 1880s in Sardinia. Possible areas are Cagliari or Oristano. His first wife was Anna Maria Josephina (Maiden name: Congiu/Congia/Conju/Conja or some variation) and she was from either Italy or France ...