Search found 3 matches

by Gail1961
28 Apr 2017, 14:28
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: San Donato, Caserta vs. Val di Comino
Replies: 5
Views: 5589

Re: San Donato, Caserta vs. Val di Comino

Thank you for that information Pippo. I do know that the DiBona family does have some connection to the Cedrone family but I believe it was through marriage once they arrived in the US.

I have attached the passenger list showing my Grandmother's name.

Do you have any advice based on the ...
by Gail1961
27 Apr 2017, 21:34
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: San Donato, Caserta vs. Val di Comino
Replies: 5
Views: 5589

Re: San Donato, Caserta vs. Val di Comino

thank you so much for the link! I will read it. To be sure I understand, today, there are two San Donato's--1 near Carinola Castera and one north of Frosinone. Looking at a map San Donato Val di Comino would have been the San Donato, Caserta noted on the passenger list for my grand mother in 1909 ...
by Gail1961
25 Apr 2017, 12:17
Forum: Locations in Italy
Topic: San Donato, Caserta vs. Val di Comino
Replies: 5
Views: 5589

San Donato, Caserta vs. Val di Comino

In looking at passenger lists regarding my grandmother Carmela DiBona, it references place of origin as San Donato, Caserta. However, I have always been told by my mother that my Grandmother was from Dan Donato near Frosinone which would be val di Comino. She always referenced san donato being at ...