Search found 2 matches
- 27 Mar 2018, 02:46
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Sciacca Sicily to Norristown PA
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2687
Sciacca Sicily to Norristown PA
Does anyone know why so many traveled from Sciacca to Norristown PA? Of course, family members would follow others already settled there but does anyone know why Norristown in Montgomery County PA originally was of destination interest? Was there a certain factory and promise of jobs? Just curious ...
- 27 Mar 2018, 02:32
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Immigration of Cicalas from Sciacca
- Replies: 21
- Views: 20744
Re: Immigration of Cicalas from Sciacca
Hi Anthony,
I believe we share branches of a family tree. My great grandmother was Giovanna (Jenny) Saladino (b 1873 - d 1939) and married Guiseppe (Joseph) Bondi (b 1870). Her father I believe was Sebastiano Saladino making Giovanna a younger sister of your Filippa. Giovanna lived in Norristown. I ...
I believe we share branches of a family tree. My great grandmother was Giovanna (Jenny) Saladino (b 1873 - d 1939) and married Guiseppe (Joseph) Bondi (b 1870). Her father I believe was Sebastiano Saladino making Giovanna a younger sister of your Filippa. Giovanna lived in Norristown. I ...