Search found 6 matches
- 27 Mar 2019, 11:12
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Finding pre-USCIS evidence of US naturalization
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2296
Re: Finding pre-USCIS evidence of US naturalization
The document is called "Petition, Final Oath, and Certificate (Minor)". It's an all-in-one document where a person who arrived in the US as a minor (but whose parents did not naturalize) can skip the petition step and jump directly to the final oath step, as long as they have been continually living ...
- 21 Mar 2019, 18:18
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Finding pre-USCIS evidence of US naturalization
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2296
Re: Finding pre-USCIS evidence of US naturalization
@mler - it's definitely an index card pointing to a naturalization record, and my GGGF was not a child at the time this was issue. I think there may have been a little bit of fraud involved here (but it may have been very common fraud at the time). If I can get the actual document, it may be more ...
- 20 Mar 2019, 21:57
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Finding pre-USCIS evidence of US naturalization
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2296
Re: Finding pre-USCIS evidence of US naturalization
Well I actually found something by searching for the date instead of the person, but this is different than what I had hoped.
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33SQ-GPQQ-WR64?i=5065&cc=1838804
What is this document exactly? Is it an index to another document? It's typed, so I doubt it's ...
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33SQ-GPQQ-WR64?i=5065&cc=1838804
What is this document exactly? Is it an index to another document? It's typed, so I doubt it's ...
- 20 Mar 2019, 20:44
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Finding pre-USCIS evidence of US naturalization
- Replies: 8
- Views: 2296
Finding pre-USCIS evidence of US naturalization
Our family is a 1948 case. My GGGF naturalized in the US in 1893. My GGF, Angelo, was a young boy still living in Italy, but - by the laws of the time - this made him a naturalized US citizen.
Angelo later moved to the US in 1899, married an Italian woman in mid-1912 and had 3 children. I have ...
Angelo later moved to the US in 1899, married an Italian woman in mid-1912 and had 3 children. I have ...
- 16 Apr 2018, 16:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help locating GGM Italian birth certificate
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1077
Re: Help locating GGM Italian birth certificate
This is fantastic - thank you.
- 11 Apr 2018, 00:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Help locating GGM Italian birth certificate
- Replies: 4
- Views: 1077
Help locating GGM Italian birth certificate
<r>Hi -<br/>
<br/>
I wrote to my GGM's comune and they were able to locate her marriage certificate, as well as my GGF's birth certificate. They said they could not locate her birth certificate though (although her marriage certificate confirms she was born in the same town).<br/>
<br/>
I have tried ...
<br/>
I wrote to my GGM's comune and they were able to locate her marriage certificate, as well as my GGF's birth certificate. They said they could not locate her birth certificate though (although her marriage certificate confirms she was born in the same town).<br/>
<br/>
I have tried ...