Search found 3 matches

by QueenSnow
29 Jun 2018, 06:05
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Martorino
Replies: 5
Views: 3033

Re: Martorino


I think that PippoM found the correct documents.
Josie is short for Josephine and the difference in spellings maybe due to an English person, unfamiliar with Italian, who wrote the names phonetically. For instance, Celeste is a relatively uncommon in Italy, but both documents have it, with the ...
by QueenSnow
23 Jun 2018, 20:04
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Martorino
Replies: 5
Views: 3033

Re: Martorino

The names do not add up though. The first says what I can make out is Jimmie that's what it looks like and maiden name Marcell and on the second one its different. Also her legal first name was Josephine not Josie.
by QueenSnow
14 Jun 2018, 01:51
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Martorino
Replies: 5
Views: 3033

Martorino

Hello, I am looking for information about my great-grandmother. Her name was Josephine Martorino. She was born in 1912 and she passed away in 1996. She was married to a man who was named Leonard Jeffrey. He immigrated to Canada in 1921 after the Spanish Flu killed his mother Rosaria. His name before ...