Search found 6 matches
- 27 Sep 2018, 06:00
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Finding a historical NYC birth certificate
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1127
Finding a historical NYC birth certificate
I'm looking for my grandma's birth certificate from NYC (Brooklyn) for a 1948 case. I've done Ancestry, the italian gen database, and gone to the NYC municipal archives but still can't find anything. She had 2 other sisters born in the US, and I looked for them too - I only found the middle one's ...
- 29 Jul 2018, 09:05
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: First name changes?
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1384
First name changes?
Hi,
I would like to get citizenship through descent from a female ancestor, but I've founded that the first names of my ancestor's have changed, and I really doubt there's much paperwork to prove it. My grandmother (who I'm applying through) was born Rosa but went by Rose all her life (no one even ...
I would like to get citizenship through descent from a female ancestor, but I've founded that the first names of my ancestor's have changed, and I really doubt there's much paperwork to prove it. My grandmother (who I'm applying through) was born Rosa but went by Rose all her life (no one even ...
- 25 Jul 2018, 19:08
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Recognition of civil unions by Italy
- Replies: 29
- Views: 12286
Re: Recognition of civil unions by Italy
Thanks, this is good to know.
- 25 Jul 2018, 18:34
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Recognition of civil unions by Italy
- Replies: 29
- Views: 12286
Re: Recognition of civil unions by Italy
Ah, it looks like either way it would take a very long time to get him a passport. Does anyone know about residency and work rights? Could he live with me in Italy if I have a passport with a PACS or a free union?
We're in France now.
We're in France now.
- 25 Jul 2018, 12:37
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Recognition of civil unions by Italy
- Replies: 29
- Views: 12286
Recognition of civil unions by Italy
Hi all.
I'm wondering: if I get an Italian passport, can my partner get one as well? And, if so, do we have to be married?
We are considering getting PACS'ed (French civil union), and are wondering if this would be acceptable. We are an opposite sex couple in case that matters.
Thanks.
I'm wondering: if I get an Italian passport, can my partner get one as well? And, if so, do we have to be married?
We are considering getting PACS'ed (French civil union), and are wondering if this would be acceptable. We are an opposite sex couple in case that matters.
Thanks.
- 21 Jul 2018, 00:42
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Citizenship from grandmother's marriage
- Replies: 1
- Views: 1295
Citizenship from grandmother's marriage
Hi,
Would it be possible to get citizenship in the following way (with a court case):
My US-born grandmother married an Italian citizen around 1925. He naturalised in 1928. They had my dad in 1939. Was my grandmother an Italian citizen due to her marriage, and if so, can I apply for citizenship ...
Would it be possible to get citizenship in the following way (with a court case):
My US-born grandmother married an Italian citizen around 1925. He naturalised in 1928. They had my dad in 1939. Was my grandmother an Italian citizen due to her marriage, and if so, can I apply for citizenship ...