I must say your comments to me Jennebet following my initial post were quite abrupt and quite hurtful "You are not Italian and are not qualified for Italian citizenship"
My Grandmother was born an italian citizen, so were all my family on my grandmas side and i'm still in contact with my family and ...
Search found 9 matches
- 15 Sep 2018, 23:24
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Dual Citizenship Help
- Replies: 22
- Views: 6682
- 14 Sep 2018, 21:05
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Dual Citizenship Help
- Replies: 22
- Views: 6682
Re: Dual Citizenship Help
Great,thank you very much 
- 12 Sep 2018, 18:43
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Dual Citizenship Help
- Replies: 22
- Views: 6682
Re: Dual Citizenship Help
Hi
Thanks, so I will need to hire a solicitor/lawyer to get me through the process?
Thanks, so I will need to hire a solicitor/lawyer to get me through the process?
- 12 Sep 2018, 15:45
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Dual Citizenship Help
- Replies: 22
- Views: 6682
Re: Dual Citizenship Help
Great thank you
So I assume that I need, my
Grandmothers full birth certificate,
Grandparent's full marriage certificate,
My fathers full birth certificate
My own full birth certificate.
Would I need proof that she never neutralised? or anything else
Thanks
Jo
So I assume that I need, my
Grandmothers full birth certificate,
Grandparent's full marriage certificate,
My fathers full birth certificate
My own full birth certificate.
Would I need proof that she never neutralised? or anything else
Thanks
Jo
- 12 Sep 2018, 00:54
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Dual Citizenship Help
- Replies: 22
- Views: 6682
Re: Dual Citizenship Help
Fantastic, thank you, I will obtain all the documents I need, visit Italian consulate or comune and finger crossed. I do not believe my grandmother would have given up her italian citizenship knowingly, she was 18 years old, the war had just ended and by what she told me italy, my family had ...
- 11 Sep 2018, 18:12
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Dual Citizenship Help
- Replies: 22
- Views: 6682
Re: Dual Citizenship Help
Wow,thank you, This really is confusing. I do not believe my grandmother would ever have given up her right to italian citizenship. Speaking to my uncle, he does believe she always had a UK passport though but is not 100 per cent how she obtained it. I am waiting for some UK records to see if she ...
- 11 Sep 2018, 11:42
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Dual Citizenship Help
- Replies: 22
- Views: 6682
Re: Dual Citizenship Help
Hi
Ok thank you, So if my grandparents married in Italy then how would that make my grandmother a a british citizen? So in italian law if you marry a foreigner in italy, you automatically lose your right to be italian and gain the foreigners citizenship instead, even though they married in italy ...
Ok thank you, So if my grandparents married in Italy then how would that make my grandmother a a british citizen? So in italian law if you marry a foreigner in italy, you automatically lose your right to be italian and gain the foreigners citizenship instead, even though they married in italy ...
- 10 Sep 2018, 22:05
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Dual Citizenship Help
- Replies: 22
- Views: 6682
Dual Citizenship Help
Hi
I wonder if anyone can help as I am still confused
My grandmother was born in Italy, she married my english grandfather after the war in 1946, they moved back to england and my father was born in 1947
I have read that my grandmother could not pass automatic citizenship to my father as he was ...
I wonder if anyone can help as I am still confused
My grandmother was born in Italy, she married my english grandfather after the war in 1946, they moved back to england and my father was born in 1947
I have read that my grandmother could not pass automatic citizenship to my father as he was ...
- 10 Sep 2018, 22:00
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Dual Citizenship Help Please
- Replies: 1
- Views: 856
Dual Citizenship Help Please
Hi
I wonder if anyone can help as I am still confused
My grandmother was born in Italy, she married my english grandfather after the war in 1946, they moved back to england and my father was born in 1947
I have read that my grandmother could not pass automatic citizenship to my father as he was ...
I wonder if anyone can help as I am still confused
My grandmother was born in Italy, she married my english grandfather after the war in 1946, they moved back to england and my father was born in 1947
I have read that my grandmother could not pass automatic citizenship to my father as he was ...