So I did more digging and some of the laws seem to be in conflict. How would you interpret them then? Malcom shared the clause in Italian from 1983 previously, and there is more detail listed here.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Italian_nationality_law
Italian citizenship can be automatically ...
Search found 3 matches
- 27 Sep 2018, 04:42
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help needed: Am I eligible for Italian citizenship (concerns the 1948 rule and the minor child of a marriage pre-1983)
- Replies: 15
- Views: 8660
- 25 Sep 2018, 23:24
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help needed: Am I eligible for Italian citizenship (concerns the 1948 rule and the minor child of a marriage pre-1983)
- Replies: 15
- Views: 8660
Re: Help needed: Am I eligible for Italian citizenship (concerns the 1948 rule and the minor child of a marriage pre-198
Actually, if someone naturalizes in Italy, their minor children are also naturalized. However, this is not a case of naturalization; this is automatic citizenship acquisition.
The following applies to you:
Re obtaining Italian citizenship after the 1983 citizenship law was enacted:
“By minor ...
- 23 Sep 2018, 23:41
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Help needed: Am I eligible for Italian citizenship (concerns the 1948 rule and the minor child of a marriage pre-1983)
- Replies: 15
- Views: 8660
Help needed: Am I eligible for Italian citizenship (concerns the 1948 rule and the minor child of a marriage pre-1983)
Hi everyone,
I have done quite a bit of reading in this forum (and others) and still am not clear on my ability to be recognized as an Italian citizen.
Here is the breakdown:
My step-father's maternal GF emigrated from Italy to NYC in the 1890s. He was married to an Italian citizen in 1906 in NYC ...
I have done quite a bit of reading in this forum (and others) and still am not clear on my ability to be recognized as an Italian citizen.
Here is the breakdown:
My step-father's maternal GF emigrated from Italy to NYC in the 1890s. He was married to an Italian citizen in 1906 in NYC ...