Search found 3 matches

by Dmarruffo
14 Jul 2003, 16:37
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surname: Marruffo
Replies: 7
Views: 10903

Merida Mexico..that makes sense only because my ancestors lived in El Paso, Texas, and a large portion of my family on my dad's side still does. I also checked out Spain, and found that Marrufo came from Cordova, Spain...but need to dig a little deeper now that your information has come through. I ...
by Dmarruffo
10 Jul 2003, 23:49
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surname: Marruffo
Replies: 7
Views: 10903

I do know that our last name started as Marrufo, and my grandfather added an extra 'f' but other wise I know of nothing. I did come across Arruffo, and am looking into that to see if there is a connection and an ancester added an 'M' along the way.
by Dmarruffo
10 Jul 2003, 22:32
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Surname: Marruffo
Replies: 7
Views: 10903

Surname: Marruffo

I was hoping to find some more information on my surname Marruffo. Half of the family says it's Sicilian...any input from you all would be helpful. :)