Search found 3 matches

by jman1995
07 Feb 2019, 15:45
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Mother's Birth certificate JS
Replies: 5
Views: 1585

Re: Mother's Birth certificate JS

mler wrote: 06 Feb 2019, 17:05 Was she adopted.
No. However she did take his last name and her marriage certificate is under this name also. I could probably get it amended so that legally he would be her father and appear on a revised birth certificate if need be...
by jman1995
06 Feb 2019, 07:59
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Mother's Birth certificate JS
Replies: 5
Views: 1585

Re: Mother's Birth certificate JS


If you were using you mom’s maternal line, you would be fine; but the paternal line is problematic for two reasons—your grandparents were not married, and your grandfather’s name is not on your mother’s birth certificate. These are both problems that may well be impossible to circumvent. I doubt ...
by jman1995
03 Feb 2019, 04:49
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: Mother's Birth certificate JS
Replies: 5
Views: 1585

Mother's Birth certificate JS

Hi all! I recently discovered through my family tree that I may be eligible for Italian citizenship through my mother's paternal line. None of my family naturalized or renounced citizenship and my mother was born in 1965. However I have a problem... My grandparents were never married and my ...