Oh wow,
Thank you so much for finding this. I really appreciate your help.
Search found 6 matches
- 04 Feb 2021, 18:44
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Notation on Manifest
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1151
- 04 Feb 2021, 15:45
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Notation on Manifest
- Replies: 2
- Views: 1151
Notation on Manifest
When researching the immigration of my Great Aunt, Luigia Cardegna, and Great Uncle, Nicola Cardegna, there was a notation the manifest , "arrested by the SS". Can anyone tell me what this is about? Were they detained? Both of these ancestors did enter and settle in the US.
Thank you
Thank you
- 05 Jan 2021, 15:32
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Shepherds from Frosolone
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3637
Re: Shepherds from Frosolone
Thanks!
Debbie
Debbie
- 04 Jan 2021, 19:53
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Shepherds from Frosolone
- Replies: 4
- Views: 3637
Shepherds from Frosolone
I have discovered from records on the Antenati, that some of my Cardegna ancestors were 'pastors'/shepherds. Another is listed as a "pecorraio', not sure if I deciphered that correctly! Is there a way to find out what type of animals they cared for?
Debbie
Debbie
- 19 Nov 2020, 13:41
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translating birth record
- Replies: 3
- Views: 788
Re: Translating birth record
Thank you so much!
Debbie
Debbie
- 18 Nov 2020, 20:45
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Translating birth record
- Replies: 3
- Views: 788
Translating birth record
I would appreciate help with the father's name and profession on this birth certificate of Michele Del Grosso(Image 20 record 34) . I think that the birth date is 10 March 1826 and wonder anyone can confirm this. Thanks!
Debbie
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Avellino ...
Debbie
http://dl.antenati.san.beniculturali.it/v/Archivio+di+Stato+di+Avellino ...