Search found 1903 matches

by MarcuccioV
10 Sep 2026, 01:40
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Antenati timeouts and forbidden error messages
Replies: 2
Views: 1828

Re: Antenati timeouts and forbidden error messages

I have found that pressing F5 when receiving the 403 Forbidden code will return you to the page... Sometimes it works & sometimes not, but it's worth a try.
by MarcuccioV
07 Sep 2026, 04:40
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Paola Morabito death.
Replies: 2
Views: 1492

Re: Paola Morabito death.


Hello!

If anybody could translate this 1877 death record for Paola Morabito (bottom left) it would be a big help.

https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1:33SQ-G5W6-TFQ?lang=en&i=1957


Paola Morabito (no profession), widow of Francesco Ruffo, died in her home at 45 Corso Maggiore on 13 Jan ...
by MarcuccioV
07 Sep 2026, 01:55
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Antenati timeouts and forbidden error messages
Replies: 2
Views: 1828

Re: Antenati timeouts and forbidden error messages

warriorrabbit wrote: 06 Sep 2026, 21:51 Just checking to see if others are getting errors as well. I accessed it yesterday without issue. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
It's been on/off for a couple weeks. There was another post about it a week or so ago...
by MarcuccioV
05 Sep 2026, 02:48
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Potential Parents on Ancestry.com
Replies: 2
Views: 2473

Re: Potential Parents on Ancestry.com

It's most likely a private tree situation. I get the same types of "hints", but it always tells me where they come from -- Many times it's only due to a similar name, but you can usually weed out the obvious ones based on where they hail from as opposed to others from the same surname line. I had ...
by MarcuccioV
26 Aug 2026, 16:53
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Antenati Syntax Error Message
Replies: 20
Views: 11289

Re: Antenati Syntax Error Message

NickAndreola wrote: 20 Aug 2026, 13:27 Is anyone else getting a 403 forbidden message now?
Yup. Clears after a bit but returns without warning.
by MarcuccioV
26 Aug 2026, 15:27
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Antenati Syntax Error Message
Replies: 20
Views: 11289

Re: Antenati Syntax Error Message

Now the issue for seems to be off-and-on generic errors -- 403 Forbidden or 304 Timed out. They do clear after a few minutes, but it just adds to the aggravation...
by MarcuccioV
07 Aug 2026, 21:04
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Antenati Syntax Error Message
Replies: 20
Views: 11289

Re: Antenati Syntax Error Message

I'm getting the same message. It usually gets fixed within 24 hours, but lately it seems to take longer -- I think at one point it was down for a week or so. Hopefully they will get it fixed soon. I'm at a standstill myself...
by MarcuccioV
17 May 2026, 04:08
Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
Topic: Me
Replies: 8
Views: 3190

Re: Me

In our family I have heard it as both "meh" and "may"...
by MarcuccioV
28 Mar 2026, 23:04
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: Pedigree Collapse
Replies: 2
Views: 8325

Re: Pedigree Collapse

The more research I do, the more I realize my maternal tree is a house of cards...
by MarcuccioV
19 Mar 2026, 10:54
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Occupational Musical Chairs
Replies: 3
Views: 9658

Re: Occupational Musical Chairs

darkerhorse wrote: 19 Mar 2026, 03:33 I noted that you chose this over pasta e fagioli...
Never a fan of pasta e fagioli, despite my mother making it quite often...
by MarcuccioV
18 Mar 2026, 23:56
Forum: Italian History & Culture
Topic: Occupational Musical Chairs
Replies: 3
Views: 9658

Re: Occupational Musical Chairs

The base industry would be farming. In our area, "contadini" were peasant farmers or sharecroppers that worked for a "possidente" (landowner). "Villico" is used primarily in Sicily and my guess would be more of a hired hand that had no stake in the crop itself. "Massaro" indicates a farm manager of ...
by MarcuccioV
20 Feb 2026, 12:00
Forum: Genetic genealogy
Topic: DNA Privacy
Replies: 3
Views: 30186

Re: DNA Privacy

darkerhorse wrote: 19 Feb 2026, 17:50 Thanks for your reply. Apparently, you can opt in or out for certain privacy settings.
Yes, that option is available for both sites.
by MarcuccioV
19 Feb 2026, 11:56
Forum: Genetic genealogy
Topic: DNA Privacy
Replies: 3
Views: 30186

Re: DNA Privacy

Yes, they are good for privacy, although all my info is public. I have had no issues other than a couple of spam messages on the Ancestry site that I simply ignored...
by MarcuccioV
15 Feb 2026, 13:21
Forum: Genetic genealogy
Topic: Sicilian DNA
Replies: 170
Views: 438184

Re: Sicilian DNA

LivingDNA does not separate. My breakdown simply shows "Southern Italian" (including Sicily) with no separation. It's mainly a UK-based algorithm and is WAY OFF in my case. 23&Me is the only one (through a map) that separates out "closeness" in regards to Sicilian but gives no percentage. All the ...
by MarcuccioV
03 Jan 2026, 14:15
Forum: Off Topic - We don't only do Italian Genealogy
Topic: MVP
Replies: 14
Views: 19512

Re: MVP



I neglected to mention that Pippo gets the trophy for most closely resembling his avatar in person.


@marcuccioV you are a spy!
Why did you tell him?
:lol: :lol: :lol:


@ Pippo :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

BTW, My wife is in Assissi now, will be in Rome domani (Sun)...Leaving for home ...