Marianne,
I just received this email. Isn't this interesting? You can email me at home if you want. The address is: ma.catrambone@verizon.net
Mike
_____________________________________________________
I came across your notes in Italian Genealogy forum.
My family is also from Gasperina ...
Search found 10 matches
- 25 Apr 2006, 02:43
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Gasperina\Olivadi\Corradino\Piperata
- Replies: 15
- Views: 24945
- 16 Apr 2006, 07:10
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Gasperina\Olivadi\Corradino\Piperata
- Replies: 15
- Views: 24945
Re: GasperinaOlivadiCorradinoPiperata
Marianne,
I just received notice of your query. I am happy to hear from you. I will check my files and see what I can come up with. All these names are like Smith and Jones in that area of Italy. I live outside of Philadelphia and once lived in Lancaster, PA. where all those names you mentioned are ...
I just received notice of your query. I am happy to hear from you. I will check my files and see what I can come up with. All these names are like Smith and Jones in that area of Italy. I live outside of Philadelphia and once lived in Lancaster, PA. where all those names you mentioned are ...
- 02 Sep 2003, 15:15
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Email
- Replies: 1
- Views: 5411
I have traced an ancestor to Olivadi and have found 4 persons with similar names. I want to write to them to find out if indeed they are related to the family. I have name, address and phone number. Is there a way to find out if there are email address as well? And if so, would it be in bad taste to ...
- 31 Aug 2003, 03:59
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames
- Replies: 5
- Views: 7354
Giuseppe Catrambone
Thank you Peter. I am reading Hearder's book right now, Italy, A Short History, and you are right on. Italy has a very interesting and varied history. No wonder everyone wants to be an Italian.
- 30 Aug 2003, 18:08
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Giuseppe Catrambone
- Replies: 2
- Views: 6395
Giuseppe Catrambone
My father was Giuseppe Catrambone, born Feb. 15, 1890, Gasperina, Catanzaro. Parents: Gregorio Catrambone and Marianna Fulginiti. I have been able to find his siblings on the Ellis Island website but can find nothing on him. He came to America in 1919, according to the 1930 census. He served in the ...
- 30 Aug 2003, 17:52
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames
- Replies: 5
- Views: 7354
Name Origin
Sorry, Peter, I didn't mean to ask you a dumb question, but I suppose I did. Do these, or any other names, come from a particular locale? For example, Corradino doesn't appear anywhere in the Catanzaro vicinity except Olivadi. Catrambone in Gasperina and not Olivadi, even though they are not that ...
- 30 Aug 2003, 16:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surnames
- Replies: 5
- Views: 7354
Surnames
Where can I find the origin of names? Madonna, Corradino, Fulginiti, Lombardo, Piperata. Are they usually from a certain area or town?
- 29 Aug 2003, 23:52
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Gasperina\Olivadi\Corradino\Piperata
- Replies: 15
- Views: 24945
Thank You
Peter,
I just tried your suggestion. Wonderful! I found 4 Corradinos in Olivadi. None in Gasperina. I found no Piperatas in either Olivadi or Gasperina but found 19 in Petrizzi. Are they all in the same proximity?
I just tried your suggestion. Wonderful! I found 4 Corradinos in Olivadi. None in Gasperina. I found no Piperatas in either Olivadi or Gasperina but found 19 in Petrizzi. Are they all in the same proximity?
- 29 Aug 2003, 23:36
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Gasperina\Olivadi\Corradino\Piperata
- Replies: 15
- Views: 24945
Thank you, Peter. I appreciate your prompt reply. I meant local when I asked about the names. While searching various towns I noticed that some names never appear in a town but are quite common in another. Does that mean there wasn't much travel outside one's village and there might have been a lot ...
- 29 Aug 2003, 17:11
- Forum: Locations in Italy
- Topic: Gasperina\Olivadi\Corradino\Piperata
- Replies: 15
- Views: 24945
Gasperina\Olivadi\Corradino\Piperata
My name is Michael Catrambone. I am new and thought I sent an inquiry but see no record of it so I obviously made an error. Sorry. I am searching my family tree of Catrambone/Madonna/Fulginiti/Corradino.
I am down to gg-grandparents in Gasperina. Now I am stumped by some new names and towns. My ...
I am down to gg-grandparents in Gasperina. Now I am stumped by some new names and towns. My ...