Search found 3 matches

by Lastort
02 Sep 2003, 05:02
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Hello
Replies: 4
Views: 5326

Oh, and I meant to say that my grandmother's side of the family was Sicilian, my grandfather's Abruzzese.
by Lastort
02 Sep 2003, 04:48
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Hello
Replies: 4
Views: 5326

Ellis Island Records (EllisIslandRecords.org) list his name as Listorti. I guess he did it himself by choice after he got here to sound more "American," which was the official story that I've heard growing up.
by Lastort
01 Sep 2003, 15:53
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Hello
Replies: 4
Views: 5326

Hello

I'm a new member, and I just wanted to drop in and say hello.

I'm 1/2 Italian. My great-grandparents on my father's side came from Abruzzo (their town is now in Molise) and Sicilia.

Giuseppe Listorti arrived in the US on September 22nd, 1902 on the ship named Lahn . His name was changed from ...