Search found 12 matches
- 05 Oct 2024, 20:10
- Forum: Genetic genealogy
- Topic: Sicilian DNA?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 49047
Re: Sicilian DNA?
As far as Jewish ancestry, I've seen that in DNA reports for Sicilian Americans I know. In my ancestral hometown in Sicily, they claim Jewish immigrants tended to Italianize Jewish surnames like Zimmitti for Zimmer. So you could look for that in your family tree.
I have not heard this but it’s ...
- 05 Oct 2024, 20:08
- Forum: Genetic genealogy
- Topic: Sicilian DNA?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 49047
Re: Sicilian DNA?
Is the 65% Italian broken into individual percentages for Sicily, Catania, and Palermo?
I wouldn't be surprised if it's typical Sicilian DNA, for as you say Sicily has been "conquered" by so many different ethnic groups over time.
Sicilians appear to be mutts. No intense offended.
No offense ...
- 29 Sep 2024, 16:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Zambrotta Family
- Replies: 0
- Views: 3639
Zambrotta Family
We have quite a few posts on here surrounding our surname, but I have not been able to directly get a hold of anyone to speak with. I am very thankful to those admins who have assisted in locating our families information, but I would also like to speak with some other Zambrotta’s to fill in some ...
- 29 Sep 2024, 16:20
- Forum: Genetic genealogy
- Topic: Sicilian DNA?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 49047
Sicilian DNA?
Salutamu!
So I have done two dna reports, one from ancestry and one from 23 and me and unsurprisingly, they are both extremely different. However, the most interesting is the breakdown on ancestry which I find to show what appears to be everyone who ever invaded Sicily. But, I wanted to get a ...
So I have done two dna reports, one from ancestry and one from 23 and me and unsurprisingly, they are both extremely different. However, the most interesting is the breakdown on ancestry which I find to show what appears to be everyone who ever invaded Sicily. But, I wanted to get a ...
- 30 Mar 2023, 01:46
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Zambrotta again new edition 2023
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2878
Re: Zambrotta again new edition 2023
Okay so after arduous work and a few weird phone calls to other Zambrotta’s here in the states who either couldn’t be bothered or had no idea who anyone was I was speaking about, I have come down to these facts to straighten out our family here.
Sabatino Zambrotta, from
Sanza Italia, born 1/6/1867 ...
Sabatino Zambrotta, from
Sanza Italia, born 1/6/1867 ...
- 29 Mar 2023, 17:08
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Sabino Zambrotta & Antonia Atonucci Marriage & Publication
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1490
Re: Sabino Zambrotta & Antonia Atonucci Marriage & Publication
I have been trying to get a hold of Diane but I couldn’t find her info. She hasn’t been on here on a while.
- 28 Mar 2023, 19:19
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Zambrotta again new edition 2023
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2878
Re: Zambrotta again new edition 2023
Apparently Sabatino my bisnonno had a brother Francesco and that is my newfound family members great grandfather.
- 28 Mar 2023, 19:04
- Forum: Italian language, handwriting , script & translations
- Topic: Sabino Zambrotta & Antonia Atonucci Marriage & Publication
- Replies: 5
- Views: 1490
Re: Sabino Zambrotta & Antonia Atonucci Marriage & Publication
This was my great grandfather and great grandmother.
- 28 Mar 2023, 17:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Zambrotta again new edition 2023
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2878
Re: Zambrotta again new edition 2023
Ok I figured it out. Sabatino, is also Sabastino, and sabino and Savino and Sam lambros from the census taker. The names are all jumbled but the children are correct. So that’s my great grandfather. He had a brother Giovanni and Domenico, but I think he had more and that’s what I’m seeking.
- 28 Mar 2023, 17:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Zambrotta again new edition 2023
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2878
Re: Zambrotta again new edition 2023
It looks like after reviewing the death and marriage documents I am able to deduce that Sabino, is also Savino and Sabisto, and that his wife was Antonia Antonucci.
- 28 Mar 2023, 16:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Zambrotta again new edition 2023
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2878
Re: Zambrotta again new edition 2023
The original thread was extensive and that’s where I am
Confused lol. I have a Sabatino and a Sabino. The Sabino is my great grandfather but is he the same as Sabatino or is he the Samuel lambros one?
Confused lol. I have a Sabatino and a Sabino. The Sabino is my great grandfather but is he the same as Sabatino or is he the Samuel lambros one?
- 19 Mar 2023, 23:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Zambrotta again new edition 2023
- Replies: 9
- Views: 2878
Zambrotta again new edition 2023
Hi, I posted a long time ago on a thread back in 2007 about finding my grandfather and great grandfather more information. We deduced at that time that my great grand father was Sabino Zambrotta from sanza Italy who immigrated around 1898, and one of his sons Dominick born in 1905 was my grandfather ...