Search found 7 matches

by Captmike
17 Dec 2024, 05:08
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Looking for Siblings of Antonio Balsofiore of Forio d'Ischia
Replies: 21
Views: 6143

Re: Looking for Siblings of Antonio Balsofiore of Forio d'Ischia

It appears we may be related. Antonio Balzofiore from Forio d’ Ishica who was married to Rosina Ciglione is my Great, Great Grandfather. His son, my great grandfather Filipino “Philip” Balzafiore(spelling change) was born on 2/14/1895 and was alive attended my wedding in 1992. And his son, Arico ...
by Captmike
17 Dec 2024, 04:53
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Conforti Family Calibra- Brooklyn - Mastic Beach Ny
Replies: 7
Views: 1068

Re: Conforti Family Calibra- Brooklyn - Mastic Beach Ny

I would very much like to know more about my family and meet my Italian relatives, if possible. I go to Italy often, several weeks a year. I understand that I may be able to apply for Italian Citizenship, but I am not sure it is likely I would get my application approved. Hoping to buy property ...
by Captmike
17 Dec 2024, 04:48
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Conforti Family Calibra- Brooklyn - Mastic Beach Ny
Replies: 7
Views: 1068

Re: Conforti Family Calibra- Brooklyn - Mastic Beach Ny

So it now appears my father’s side of the family is from Santa Maria Capua Vetere. Amazing!

My other relatives:
Balzafiore/Balzofiore are from island town of Forio d’ Ishica. (My Mother’s Father’s Parents
Verga are from Vizzini in Catania on Sicily. (My Mother’s Mother)
by Captmike
17 Dec 2024, 04:40
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Conforti Family Calibra- Brooklyn - Mastic Beach Ny
Replies: 7
Views: 1068

Re: Conforti Family Calibra- Brooklyn - Mastic Beach Ny

I have not seen my Father since about 1977 or 1978 when I was about 9 so I do not know my family at all. They lived at 112 Woodside Rd in Mastic, NY when I was young and use to visit usually by train with my sister. My grandmother’s name was Helen. My father’s youngest brother, Al still my live ...
by Captmike
17 Dec 2024, 04:32
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Conforti Family Calibra- Brooklyn - Mastic Beach Ny
Replies: 7
Views: 1068

Re: Conforti Family Calibra- Brooklyn - Mastic Beach Ny

All this time, I was under the impression that my Father’s family was Calabrian and moved to Brooklyn. It also appears his parents first three children where born in Italy and not just the first named Cecilia. They either told the Census taker the twin boys were born in the US or there may have been ...
by Captmike
17 Dec 2024, 04:12
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Conforti Family Calibra- Brooklyn - Mastic Beach Ny
Replies: 7
Views: 1068

Re: Conforti Family Calibra- Brooklyn - Mastic Beach Ny

Incredible!
Thank you so much!
I just saw your replies now.
by Captmike
15 Sep 2023, 02:12
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Conforti Family Calibra- Brooklyn - Mastic Beach Ny
Replies: 7
Views: 1068

Conforti Family Calibra- Brooklyn - Mastic Beach Ny

My name is Michael Conforti. I was born in Brooklyn, NY in 1968 and I am researching my Conforti family history. My grandfather was Leonard Conforti b. 2/27/1914 d. 4/3/1972. My grandmother was Helen Conforti b. 9/17/17 d. 3/29/2010. They had 10 children. Their son Michael is my father.

I am ...