My great-great grandfather, one Francesco Contarini, is believed to have emigrated from Italy to Greece sometime between his birth in the 1830s and the 1860s. I am seeking a genealogist that could assist in tracing any record of his presence in Italy in public / church records.
Could anyone advise?
Search found 5 matches
- 03 Aug 2024, 19:53
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Emigration of Contarini to Greece
- Replies: 0
- Views: 3993
- 17 Jul 2024, 23:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Contarini & Cosmatos in 19th Century Italy & Greece
- Replies: 2
- Views: 712
Re: Contarini & Cosmatos in 19th Century Italy & Greece
Dear Cousinvinny
Thank-you so much for you kind answer. I cherish any communication with anyone more knowledgeable than I, which is certainly the case in this instance, so thank-you for your insights.
Would you happen to have any suggestions about how to find a specialist or local professional in ...
Thank-you so much for you kind answer. I cherish any communication with anyone more knowledgeable than I, which is certainly the case in this instance, so thank-you for your insights.
Would you happen to have any suggestions about how to find a specialist or local professional in ...
- 17 Jul 2024, 19:39
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Contarini & Cosmatos in 19th Century Italy & Greece
- Replies: 2
- Views: 712
Contarini & Cosmatos in 19th Century Italy & Greece
Hello, dear friends
I am seeking assistance - or any slivers of insight - that could help me along my journey of tracing my Greek and Venetial origins.
The family names I am researching are Contarini and Cosmati or Cosmatos.
Before you jump to tell me about Contarini being an ancient Venetian ...
I am seeking assistance - or any slivers of insight - that could help me along my journey of tracing my Greek and Venetial origins.
The family names I am researching are Contarini and Cosmati or Cosmatos.
Before you jump to tell me about Contarini being an ancient Venetian ...
- 17 Jul 2024, 19:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Birth Certificate
- Replies: 3
- Views: 542
Re: Birth Certificate
Hello
Can anyone help me with locating a Francesco Contarini, believed to have been born in 1832? I am unsure if his birthplace was Italy or Greece. I didn't find anything in the usual places, but a genealogist in Greece has found a record in the electoral register of 1867.
Kind regards
Can anyone help me with locating a Francesco Contarini, believed to have been born in 1832? I am unsure if his birthplace was Italy or Greece. I didn't find anything in the usual places, but a genealogist in Greece has found a record in the electoral register of 1867.
Kind regards
- 11 Jul 2024, 21:02
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Contarini & Cosmatos in 19th Century Italy & Greece
- Replies: 0
- Views: 2768
Contarini & Cosmatos in 19th Century Italy & Greece
Hello, dear friends
I am seeking assistance - or any slivers of insight - that could help me along my journey of tracing my Greek and Venetial origins.
The family names I am researching are Contarini and Cosmati or Cosmatos.
Before you jump to tell me about Contarini being an ancient Venetian ...
I am seeking assistance - or any slivers of insight - that could help me along my journey of tracing my Greek and Venetial origins.
The family names I am researching are Contarini and Cosmati or Cosmatos.
Before you jump to tell me about Contarini being an ancient Venetian ...