Search found 12 matches
- 16 Jul 2026, 11:47
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Info on Orsola Argenza and Michele Picciani
- Replies: 11
- Views: 6646
Re: Info on Orsola Argenza and Michele Picciani
That makes a lot of sense! Thank you for clarifying.
- 07 Jul 2026, 13:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Info on Orsola Argenza and Michele Picciani
- Replies: 11
- Views: 6646
Re: Info on Orsola Argenza and Michele Picciani
I am questioning the info for Orsola. I attached her and Michele's gravestone and her date of birth shows 1866.
- 06 Jul 2026, 21:37
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need Help Finding Great Grandmother's Parents and place of birth
- Replies: 6
- Views: 4671
Re: Need Help Finding Great Grandmother's Parents and place of birth
Thank you very much for this additional info!
- 25 Jun 2026, 13:27
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Info on Orsola Argenza and Michele Picciani
- Replies: 11
- Views: 6646
Re: Info on Orsola Argenza and Michele Picciani
One more thing I did notice- My Great great grandparent's cemetery headstone shows the years of birth for Michele as 1856 (but no Month or day) and for Orsola as 1866 (again no month/day)
So the age matches Michele when married but not for Orsola. That would put Orsola as 15.
So the age matches Michele when married but not for Orsola. That would put Orsola as 15.
- 25 Jun 2026, 12:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Info on Orsola Argenza and Michele Picciani
- Replies: 11
- Views: 6646
Re: Info on Orsola Argenza and Michele Picciani
Thank you for the links. Would it be possible to translate the 3 documents?
- 24 Jun 2026, 17:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Info on Orsola Argenza and Michele Picciani
- Replies: 11
- Views: 6646
Re: Info on Orsola Argenza and Michele Picciani
Sorry about that! I thought I had replied! I look forward to reviewing the information you have found on Orsola and Michele
- 24 Jun 2026, 17:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need Help Finding Great Grandmother's Parents and place of birth
- Replies: 6
- Views: 4671
Re: Need Help Finding Great Grandmother's Parents and place of birth
This is extremely helpful. Thank you so much for the information!!!!
- 24 Jun 2026, 14:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Info on Orsola Argenza and Michele Picciani
- Replies: 11
- Views: 6646
Info on Orsola Argenza and Michele Picciani
Hello. I am looking for any and all information that can be given to me regarding my 2nd great grandmother and grand father. My family has very little information on them. Here is what we do know.
My great grandmother's name was Orsola Argenza (or some form of that last name not sure the correct ...
My great grandmother's name was Orsola Argenza (or some form of that last name not sure the correct ...
- 23 Jun 2026, 17:45
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need Help Finding Great Grandmother's Parents and place of birth
- Replies: 6
- Views: 4671
Re: Need Help Finding Great Grandmother's Parents and place of birth
Actually, her birthdate I am uncertain of. Her date is different in immigration paperwork
- 23 Jun 2026, 16:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need Help Finding Great Grandmother's Parents and place of birth
- Replies: 6
- Views: 4671
Need Help Finding Great Grandmother's Parents and place of birth
Hello. I am looking to see if anyone can help me find out my 2nd great grandmother's parents names and actual place of birth. I know on immigration paperwork they sometimes just put the location they sailed from as where they were born. I have attached her death certificate which shows her married ...
- 08 May 2025, 21:07
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help finding G. Granfather Buonaugurio Information
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2786
Re: Need help finding G. Granfather Buonaugurio Information
Thank you all for the information so far. I am not familiar and maybe someone might know. The research shows my great grandfather was given up by unknown parents and entrusted to Benedetta Messina and Antonino Tagliavia. Would they have raised him in their home as their own? I am not sure what ...
- 23 Apr 2025, 17:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Need help finding G. Granfather Buonaugurio Information
- Replies: 6
- Views: 2786
Need help finding G. Granfather Buonaugurio Information
Hello. My great grandfather's name was Angelo Buonaugurio. He was born November 5, 1883 in Castellammare del Golfo, Trapani, Sicilia, Italy. It's been known to my family that he was raised in an orphanage and from there went into the navy. He came to America March 30, 1908. I am having trouble ...