Search found 9 matches
- 03 Jul 2025, 22:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Last names Currari-Corrado
- Replies: 3
- Views: 11803
Re: Last names Currari-Corrado
what part of the DR did Giuseppe move to? In FamilySearch, if you haven't already done this, go to Catalog and type in Dominican Republic and there are some databases. There are also some databases that may not be indexed, only photographed but if you have an estimated date of marriage, you could ...
- 03 Jul 2025, 21:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: 16th century Female Name Rota?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 12587
Re: 16th century Female Name Rota?
I agree mmogno. It has to be a name, but I don't recognize it, unless it's an abbreviation.
- 23 Jun 2025, 18:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: 16th century Female Name Rota?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 12587
Re: 16th century Female Name Rota?
PippoM,
What does that mean, being found in the wheel?
Here is another snippet. To me, it looks like it would be a middle name.
What does that mean, being found in the wheel?
Here is another snippet. To me, it looks like it would be a middle name.
- 23 Jun 2025, 04:56
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: 16th century Female Name Rota?
- Replies: 4
- Views: 12587
16th century Female Name Rota?
Hi,
I'm searching in the Opera di Santa Maria del Fiore baptism records for Florence. I keep coming across the name what looks like Rota, usually as a second or middle name. I've never seen it before. I may be misreading the "t" in the script. Below is a screen shot. And here is the link to the ...
I'm searching in the Opera di Santa Maria del Fiore baptism records for Florence. I keep coming across the name what looks like Rota, usually as a second or middle name. I've never seen it before. I may be misreading the "t" in the script. Below is a screen shot. And here is the link to the ...
- 22 Jun 2025, 01:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Abbreviation p.di.s in Church Record
- Replies: 9
- Views: 16330
Re: Abbreviation p.di.s in Church Record
I see. Thanks so much!!
- 21 Jun 2025, 23:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Abbreviation p.di.s in Church Record
- Replies: 9
- Views: 16330
Re: Abbreviation p.di.s in Church Record
Thanks mmogno! How do you interpret Catterina to Caterina by the word Romola? How does Romola change the name?
- 18 Jun 2025, 04:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Abbreviation p.di.s in Church Record
- Replies: 9
- Views: 16330
Re: Abbreviation p.di.s in Church Record
Thank you mmogno! That's a great help.
I wondered if you might be able to help me with another word I keep seeing. The name of the person followed by the word Romola. Can you help?
I wondered if you might be able to help me with another word I keep seeing. The name of the person followed by the word Romola. Can you help?
- 11 Jun 2025, 06:14
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Abbreviation p.di.s in Church Record
- Replies: 9
- Views: 16330
Re: Abbreviation p.di.s in Church Record
Thanks for replying.
It's from the baptism register from San Giovanni in Florence. Hopefully the link helps.
https://battesimi.duomo.firenze.it/registri/229
Thanks in advance!
It's from the baptism register from San Giovanni in Florence. Hopefully the link helps.
https://battesimi.duomo.firenze.it/registri/229
Thanks in advance!
- 08 Jun 2025, 18:38
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Abbreviation p.di.s in Church Record
- Replies: 9
- Views: 16330
Abbreviation p.di.s in Church Record
I keep running across this string of letters. It seems to precede a name. Can anyone help?