Peter thank you.
Yes know there is a volume posted..but felt i need to give a broad stroke and picture. Hoping the Garibaldi and Meucci connection will be fruitful.
What I would like to know is: Where in Milan can I find the records on this child born in 1805? The newspaper story says he was from ...
Search found 5 matches
- 09 Jul 2004, 16:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Mariani,of Milan, La Scala,Garibaldi's Meucci friend
- Replies: 3
- Views: 6868
- 09 Jul 2004, 16:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: La familia Valentin (ancestors)
- Replies: 23
- Views: 41803
Re: names in immigration
suanj
What a nice find. How did you find the names of persons immigating to Cuba? I would like to look at the records of Italians coming to Cuba from 1835-1850. What is your resource please?
don hoff
What a nice find. How did you find the names of persons immigating to Cuba? I would like to look at the records of Italians coming to Cuba from 1835-1850. What is your resource please?
don hoff
- 09 Jul 2004, 16:18
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: giuseppe garibaldi
- Replies: 22
- Views: 46251
Re: giuseppe garibaldi
My GGgrandfather Giovanni Domenico Mariani
was a good friend of Guiseppi Garibaldi, and lived with him on Staten Island, NYC in 1850-52. (Look up Garibaldi Museum in NYC on Google) GG said that Mariani was his favorite cook. One of my GG uncles was named Garibaldi, as was a custom.
Nor sure how much ...
was a good friend of Guiseppi Garibaldi, and lived with him on Staten Island, NYC in 1850-52. (Look up Garibaldi Museum in NYC on Google) GG said that Mariani was his favorite cook. One of my GG uncles was named Garibaldi, as was a custom.
Nor sure how much ...
- 09 Jul 2004, 15:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Mariani,of Milan, La Scala,Garibaldi's Meucci friend
- Replies: 3
- Views: 6868
Mariani,of Milan, La Scala,Garibaldi's Meucci friend
My name is Don Hoff, living in Elmira, New York, USA.
Willing to share whatever I have.
Seeking data on my Great Great Grandfather Giovanni Domenico Mariani.
What I know:
He was born 1805,some data says birth place was Milan.
He said that he played violin and viola in La Scala Opera House for 20 ...
Willing to share whatever I have.
Seeking data on my Great Great Grandfather Giovanni Domenico Mariani.
What I know:
He was born 1805,some data says birth place was Milan.
He said that he played violin and viola in La Scala Opera House for 20 ...
- 28 Dec 2003, 14:40
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Mariani family in Milan area, related to La Scala
- Replies: 2
- Views: 15309
Mariani family in Milan area, related to La Scala
Giovanni Domenico Mariani born about 1805, in Milan. Played for 20 years at La Scala, violin and viola. Came to Cuba, then Boston and NYC in 1840's. Played with NYC Acadamy of Music, operas. uncertain of date of death...after 1886. Was a close friend of Guiseppi Garibaldi and Antonio Meucci, the ...