I have recently found out that my Grandfather came to the states through Chicago ... does anyone know the website address to look up his ship manifest?
Thanks,
Amy
Search found 12 matches
- 03 Feb 2004, 01:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: need help with web site
- Replies: 1
- Views: 3081
- 29 Jan 2004, 01:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Can't find information on Grandfather
- Replies: 18
- Views: 17675
can't find info on grandfather
Dedar Vicki While i can appreciate your desire to be helpful, please be advised that persons entering the USA at the turn of the century like now had to present valid travel documents issued by the Italian government based upon their identity papers. The immigrants were nver questioned as to their ...
- 25 Jan 2004, 19:48
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Can't find information on Grandfather
- Replies: 18
- Views: 17675
can't find info on grandfather
Hi: I do not have idea..please let me know birth data of Francisco, and final destination. From these data the entrance port can be presumed..regards, suanj
Hi,
His date of birth was 3/31/1902 I'm not sure of final destination, but he was living in Chicago, Illinois when he died. He died 5/25 ...
Hi,
His date of birth was 3/31/1902 I'm not sure of final destination, but he was living in Chicago, Illinois when he died. He died 5/25 ...
- 25 Jan 2004, 01:35
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Can't find information on Grandfather
- Replies: 18
- Views: 17675
Re: can't find info on grandfather
...and what makes you say he entered at Ellis island? peter
Peter,
If the passport says anything about place of birth, I can't read it. It does say residence was Lucca. I was told by my Aunt that he came in through Ellis Island, and I guess she was told by someone else ... so, I really don't ...
Peter,
If the passport says anything about place of birth, I can't read it. It does say residence was Lucca. I was told by my Aunt that he came in through Ellis Island, and I guess she was told by someone else ... so, I really don't ...
- 24 Jan 2004, 18:41
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Can't find information on Grandfather
- Replies: 18
- Views: 17675
can't find info on grandfather
...and what makes you say he entered at Ellis island? peter
Peter,
If the passport says anything about place of birth, I can't read it. It does say residence was Lucca. I was told by my Aunt that he came in through Ellis Island, and I guess she was told by someone else ... so, I really don't ...
Peter,
If the passport says anything about place of birth, I can't read it. It does say residence was Lucca. I was told by my Aunt that he came in through Ellis Island, and I guess she was told by someone else ... so, I really don't ...
- 24 Jan 2004, 03:09
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Can't find information on Grandfather
- Replies: 18
- Views: 17675
can't find info on grandfather
There are 5 Martellacci who entered the USA between 1919 and 1921 with the following first names, Alberto, Angelo, Antonio, Beniamino and Giovanni. Check the manifest for all 5 and see which one was destined to Chicago. Let me know if you run into any problems and I will take a look for you. Its ...
- 24 Jan 2004, 01:43
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Can't find information on Grandfather
- Replies: 18
- Views: 17675
can't find info on grandfather
Start at the beginning please. Who is he, what entry are you talking about, when did he enter the USA and where did he go to live when he was admitted to the UISA as an immigrant and how did he come, alone or with family.????Peter
Peter,
My Grandfather's name was Francesco Martellacci - came ...
Peter,
My Grandfather's name was Francesco Martellacci - came ...
- 23 Jan 2004, 01:17
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Can't find information on Grandfather
- Replies: 18
- Views: 17675
Can't find information on Grandfather
I've filed the Form 81 looking for ship/immigration information on my Grandfather, but no information on him can be found even with that form. Can anyone tell me what or where else to try? His record/information can't just disapear, can it?
Thanks,
Amy
outlaws@skybest.com
Thanks,
Amy
outlaws@skybest.com
- 18 Jan 2004, 01:55
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Name can't be found in Ellis Island records
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5802
can't find name in Ellis Island records
Perhaps he entered the USA at a port diffferent than his sister. Since you provide no information as to what por the best thing to do is go to www.genealogylookups.com/narchives.htm and file form 81 (Passenger arrivals records for USA) at National Archives in washington,D.c. Peter
Peter,
I have ...
Peter,
I have ...
- 17 Jan 2004, 02:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Name can't be found in Ellis Island records
- Replies: 5
- Views: 5802
Name can't be found in Ellis Island records
My Grandfather came to the states in 1920 from Italy ( Francesco Martellacci), but I can't find his name anywhere. His Sister (Pia Martellacci) came to the states in 1913, and I found her name, but I don't understand why I can't find his. Can anyone help me with this?
Thanks,
Amy
Outlaws@skybest.com
Thanks,
Amy
Outlaws@skybest.com
- 03 Jan 2004, 03:11
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Martellacci
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2872
Martellacci
Looking for any information on my Great Grandfather Egidio Martellacci. He was married to Enrica Stefanelli. They were from Lucca/Guamo?
Any info would be great. Contact me at Outlaws@skybest.com
Thanks,
Amy
Any info would be great. Contact me at Outlaws@skybest.com
Thanks,
Amy
- 03 Jan 2004, 03:10
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Martellacci
- Replies: 1
- Views: 2921
Martellacci
Looking for any information on my Great Grandfather Egidio Martellacci. He was married to Enrica Stefanelli. They were from Lucca/Guamo?
Any info would be great. Contact me at Outlaws@skybest.com
Thanks,
Amy
Any info would be great. Contact me at Outlaws@skybest.com
Thanks,
Amy