Search found 10 matches

by VickiSalvoni
27 Feb 2008, 00:21
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Noble Mystery, GGrandmother--who were you???
Replies: 31
Views: 53295

Re: Noble Mystery, GGrandmother--who were you???

The reason people come here is because we don't know where to write! We're amateurs, just normal people who want to find our families. For me, I care about nobility for one reason: they don't keep records of peasants the way they keep records of the wealthy and titled. With a noble ancestor, it ...
by VickiSalvoni
24 Feb 2008, 21:33
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Noble Mystery, GGrandmother--who were you???
Replies: 31
Views: 53295

Re: Noble Mystery, GGrandmother--who were you???

From her death certificate, Clementina's maiden name was Desunide Petrini. I wish I could look up marriage information from Italy online!

Vicki
by VickiSalvoni
24 Feb 2008, 18:27
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Noble Mystery, GGrandmother--who were you???
Replies: 31
Views: 53295

Re: Noble Mystery, GGrandmother--who were you???

Well, we have some information since my last posting. Clementina died in Alameda from complications of diabetes melitis, a common side effect of begin allergic to gluten. My aunt died last year of the same thing. Another side effect is heart disease, which killed Clementina's daughter (my ...
by VickiSalvoni
28 Jan 2004, 07:25
Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
Topic: PETRINI FAMILY FROM MARLIA, LUCCA, ITALY
Replies: 4
Views: 11823

Maybe?

On the www.ellisisland.org site, I found Giovanni Petrini who would have been born in 1890 based on the following. The original ship's manifest says he is going to San Francisco and he lists his father in Capanori, which is in Lucca, as Giuseppe. Maybe this is your relative?

Petrini, Giovanni ...
by VickiSalvoni
26 Jan 2004, 06:02
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Can't find information on Grandfather
Replies: 18
Views: 17659

Just a spelling hunch...

Ellis Island saw a LOT of Matteucci family members go through. I am related to some of them, so I just got the feeling maybe the people at the Island heard Matteucci instead of what your grandfather said. Take a look at www.ellisisland.org for the name Francesco Matteucci and bingo, you'll see one ...
by VickiSalvoni
12 Jan 2004, 09:08
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Another mystery, royal plots, murder, and a Black Monk
Replies: 1
Views: 7357

Another mystery, royal plots, murder, and a Black Monk

Here is a challenge indeed. My maiden name is Salvoni. I have made contact with another of the Salvoni family who tells me a fascinating story of the origination of the name. There are only about 350 Salvoni's world wide. And it all makes sense. But I need to trace the name from ~1350 to 1888...and ...
by VickiSalvoni
09 Jan 2004, 06:32
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Noble Mystery, GGrandmother--who were you???
Replies: 31
Views: 53295

Brilliant idea!

I'm going to request that right away! I also have a bilingual cousin in Milan who can help me when we come to visit Lucca in March. I'm so excited! I'd like to see her childhood home.

I've found now the name of some Lucca Lenci's that came through Ellis Island to see who they might have been ...
by VickiSalvoni
08 Jan 2004, 21:44
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Noble Mystery, GGrandmother--who were you???
Replies: 31
Views: 53295

And a great thought it was. The Chocolates by Gini are in Chicago. It's a bit too coincidental. I've sent a message to them to see who they are. Thanks so much for the idea!

Louis moved to SF, married Lillie and had a son named Guido who was 4 in 1920 and in the SF area. But what is really creepy ...
by VickiSalvoni
08 Jan 2004, 20:24
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Noble Mystery, GGrandmother--who were you???
Replies: 31
Views: 53295

Me: Victoria Ann Salvoni (1956/San Francisco)
Father: Arthur Henry Salvoni (1924/San Francisco)
Grandmother: Name at Birth was Negria Gini (1898/Chicago?) later changed to Mary Bernadette after 1905 return to America from Lucca. Great Grandmother: Clementina Lenci (1861/Italy)
Great ...
by VickiSalvoni
07 Jan 2004, 03:54
Forum: Italian Genealogy
Topic: Noble Mystery, GGrandmother--who were you???
Replies: 31
Views: 53295

Noble Mystery, GGrandmother--who were you???

My dad and his mother's side of the family are all dead as far as I know. All I have is a family story. All I want to know is the name of my great grandparents. I don't need a title, just the answer to a long time family mystery.

Here is what I know:

She was my father's grandmother. She was ...