Hi Jennifer,
I found your Tony and Alma Minardi in the 1920 and 1930 census for Nebraska (Tony's name was transcribed as Lary on Ancestry.com). I'd like to send the images to your email address if that is o.k. (they are pdf format and will require Adobe Acrobat Reader). This way you can see the ...
Search found 8 matches
- 17 Feb 2004, 05:42
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Minardi and Bo'Conti Family
- Replies: 5
- Views: 9774
- 04 Feb 2004, 06:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Google Search: surname + research
- Replies: 2
- Views: 3611
Google Search: surname + research
Peter,
I decided to try your suggestion to search on my surname (Dante) and the word "research." I had to laugh when I saw the results. Can you imagine how many people have done research on Dante Alighieri? I got 204,000 hits!! Oh well, it gave me a good laugh.
Keep up the good work. I read every ...
I decided to try your suggestion to search on my surname (Dante) and the word "research." I had to laugh when I saw the results. Can you imagine how many people have done research on Dante Alighieri? I got 204,000 hits!! Oh well, it gave me a good laugh.
Keep up the good work. I read every ...
- 28 Jan 2004, 05:34
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: La familia Valentin (ancestors)
- Replies: 23
- Views: 41837
Could be since the Panama Canal was not open but many people used to go by road from the Atlantic to the Pacific where the Panam Canal was evetually built so the best thing is to check the ww.ellisisland.org website and check . But there are many ports he could have come into on the Atlatic side ...
- 27 Jan 2004, 22:00
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: La familia Valentin (ancestors)
- Replies: 23
- Views: 41837
Immigration Pattern
A question Peter. First, I apologize for interrupting the posting on the Valentin surname but your comment on immigration patterns has made me curious. My great grandfather (surname Dante) is believed to have moved from Italy to Hawaii (before 1903 when my grandfather was born in Honolulu). Do you ...
- 15 Jan 2004, 15:51
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Question on Dante surname and etymology
- Replies: 8
- Views: 9992
- 15 Jan 2004, 06:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Question on Dante surname and etymology
- Replies: 8
- Views: 9992
Re: Question on Dante surname and etymology
Dear suanj,
Thanks for the information. So, I can now try to live up to my name and "persevere" in finding my Dante family history
I appreciate your help!
Jon
Thanks for the information. So, I can now try to live up to my name and "persevere" in finding my Dante family history
I appreciate your help!
Jon
- 15 Jan 2004, 04:31
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Question on Dante surname and etymology
- Replies: 8
- Views: 9992
Hi Peter,
The baptismal certificate is from the Cathedral of Our Lady of Peace in Honolulu. Although he was born in 1903 the certificate was dated 1948 when he apparently sent for a copy from his home in San Francisco (I have a great deal of documentation from S.F. beginning 1920 until his death in ...
The baptismal certificate is from the Cathedral of Our Lady of Peace in Honolulu. Although he was born in 1903 the certificate was dated 1948 when he apparently sent for a copy from his home in San Francisco (I have a great deal of documentation from S.F. beginning 1920 until his death in ...
- 14 Jan 2004, 22:06
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Question on Dante surname and etymology
- Replies: 8
- Views: 9992
Question on Dante surname and etymology
I am interested in finding anyone who might be researching the Dante surname. My grandfather was born in Hawaii to an Italian father (Nautili DANTE) and a Portugese mother (Antonia Cruz). The only document I have been able to find in Hawaii is my grandfather's baptism certificate (no other records ...