Hey I was born and raised in New Rochelle and I never knew of these facts.
Glad you said that, I was starting to feel a bit awkward, telling natives about a city I've never been to, by translating a book written by an Italian from documents obtained from immigrants to New Rochelle :? But, these ...
Search found 9 matches
- 15 Oct 2007, 17:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
- Replies: 50
- Views: 67502
- 12 Oct 2007, 22:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
- Replies: 50
- Views: 67502
Re: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
Here's the 3rd and last part of my translation, "Little Bonefro":
Numerous were the merits of the Club both in the social camp and in those patriotic: contributions to the erection of the monument to the fallen [war dead] in Bonefro and to the repair of the chapel of S. Nicola, aid to the war ...
Numerous were the merits of the Club both in the social camp and in those patriotic: contributions to the erection of the monument to the fallen [war dead] in Bonefro and to the repair of the chapel of S. Nicola, aid to the war ...
- 04 Oct 2007, 18:44
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
- Replies: 50
- Views: 67502
Re: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
Judy, glad you enjoyed it... I'm scanning thru all my books to see if there is any mention by name, specifically, of your grandfather. There are Colombo's in my tree, too, but quite a long way back. Too soon to try to connect the dots. Anyway, here is part 2 of (probably) 3 from "Piccolo Bonefro ...
- 01 Oct 2007, 08:15
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
- Replies: 50
- Views: 67502
Re: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
Hi Judy,
I decided to post in case others were interested in Colabella's work on New Rochelle. I hope it's OK with the forum, it is my meager translation of a out-of-print book, so I don't think there's any copyright problems (?)
Here are the first pages of the chapter on Bonefro immigrants in New ...
I decided to post in case others were interested in Colabella's work on New Rochelle. I hope it's OK with the forum, it is my meager translation of a out-of-print book, so I don't think there's any copyright problems (?)
Here are the first pages of the chapter on Bonefro immigrants in New ...
- 25 Sep 2007, 05:05
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
- Replies: 50
- Views: 67502
Re: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
Judy,
Try Abe Books, Internetbookshop.it or other international, internet booksellers. I noticed several of the same book "Gente Foretana" available at their sites, running about 12 Euro. (Note both the book and one of these websies are in Italian).
http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi ...
Try Abe Books, Internetbookshop.it or other international, internet booksellers. I noticed several of the same book "Gente Foretana" available at their sites, running about 12 Euro. (Note both the book and one of these websies are in Italian).
http://www.abebooks.com/servlet/BookDetailsPL?bi ...
- 23 Sep 2007, 11:25
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
- Replies: 50
- Views: 67502
Re: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
Judy,
I forgot to mention:
According to Colabella, article 4 of the Societa di Mutuo Soccorso Bonefro states the society was not only for Bonefrani or descendents, but also open to those whose wives were, or were descendent from, Bonefrani. Since you know Domenico's wife was not Bonefrana, this ...
I forgot to mention:
According to Colabella, article 4 of the Societa di Mutuo Soccorso Bonefro states the society was not only for Bonefrani or descendents, but also open to those whose wives were, or were descendent from, Bonefrani. Since you know Domenico's wife was not Bonefrana, this ...
- 23 Sep 2007, 11:16
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
- Replies: 50
- Views: 67502
Re: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
Colabella wrote a series of books on Bonefro and its people (all written in Italian). Unfortunately, many are now out of print, so you'll have to check international used books stores.
The book I was referring to is called Bonefro "Gente Foretana , Quaderni sul'emigrazione," Editor=Cosmo Iannone ...
The book I was referring to is called Bonefro "Gente Foretana , Quaderni sul'emigrazione," Editor=Cosmo Iannone ...
- 22 Sep 2007, 00:53
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Surname Iarocci
- Replies: 7
- Views: 7685
Re: Surname Iarocci
...I think my grandfather, Donato Iarocci, was the oldest of the children by the second wife. I'm trying to find out what her name was. My grandfather came to the United States (New York) in 1905 at age 11.
I'm trying to find information on my great-grandmother, whom I think my grandfather brought ...
I'm trying to find information on my great-grandmother, whom I think my grandfather brought ...
- 22 Sep 2007, 00:24
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
- Replies: 50
- Views: 67502
Re: Colombo of New Rochelle, NY
In a book written by Michele Colabella, he describes New Rochelle as "Little Bonefro" and talks to some length on the Societa di Mutuo Soccorso Bonefro, begun of 11 November 1911. Nicola Colombo was the finance secretary and hosted meetings at his home. In 1925, some members created a recreational ...