Hi: I've found an other new. Italian emigrated in Cuba, was vulunteers
soldiers they had already fought in Spain and Greece... they left for the
USA and then they went to Cuba beetwen 1898/1901..I have found some names:
Francesco Federico Falco, Alfonso Cancellieri, Oreste Ferrara, Francesco
Lenci ...
Search found 7 matches
- 02 Feb 2004, 02:13
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: La familia Valentin (ancestors)
- Replies: 23
- Views: 41810
- 28 Jan 2004, 01:42
- Forum: Emigration, Immigration, Naturalization and Italian citizenship
- Topic: Italian Immigration to Puerto Rico
- Replies: 6
- Views: 29981
Italian Immigration to Puerto Rico
I'm looking for ancestors from Italy. Surname Valentin/Valentini....
Great Grandfather born in Italy around 1873 (thereabouts). Place of origin, Sicily. Great Grandfather known as Avelino Valentin (could have dropped the i, once immigrated to Puerto Rico). Can anyone help w/the immigration process ...
Great Grandfather born in Italy around 1873 (thereabouts). Place of origin, Sicily. Great Grandfather known as Avelino Valentin (could have dropped the i, once immigrated to Puerto Rico). Can anyone help w/the immigration process ...
- 28 Jan 2004, 00:57
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: La familia Valentin (ancestors)
- Replies: 23
- Views: 41810
La Familia Valentin
How can I get the information of which Italians arrived in Puerto Rico? Would you be able to direct me? Is there a specific site where I can search? You and Peter have been quite helpful. Right now, I am currently trying to obtain my great grandfather's death certificate. Another obstacle since ...
- 28 Jan 2004, 00:49
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: La familia Valentin (ancestors)
- Replies: 23
- Views: 41810
La Familia Valentin
Hi, I've found this new, perhaps can interest you: from 1884 to 1901, only 380 Italians were emigrated to Cuba, nearly all of italy north origin and for the majority of male sex (312 men, 68 women), only 40 arrived directly from Italy, the others came from USA(185), from Mexico (48), from South ...
- 27 Jan 2004, 01:08
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: La familia Valentin (ancestors)
- Replies: 23
- Views: 41810
La familia Valentin
I will try and gather more information. I believe the town of origin was Palermo but will further investigate. I do appreciate any little bit of help.
Thanks, CJ
Thanks, CJ
- 26 Jan 2004, 20:20
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: La familia Valentin (ancestors)
- Replies: 23
- Views: 41810
La familia Valentin
In speaking w/my relatives, they said he immigrated from Italy and state that he could of dropped the "i" because his comments were of "Sicily". We think he could of been born around 1873 there abouts. There is word that he left on a boat w/the espanoles. I feel like I am coming on such a stumbling ...
- 26 Jan 2004, 15:27
- Forum: Italian Genealogy
- Topic: La familia Valentin (ancestors)
- Replies: 23
- Views: 41810
La familia Valentin (ancestors)
I'm looking for my ancestors. Great grandfather Avellino Valentin from Sicily...Please help....He left Italy and died in Puerto Rico.