Pronunciation of these towns

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
User avatar
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master
Posts: 5228
Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: Pronunciation of these towns

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Using "Carmine" as an example, you should hear two very distinct pronunciations when you set the language to English vs. Italian: Car-mine vs. car-MEE-nay.
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
User avatar
DeFilippis78
Master
Master
Posts: 1144
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19

Re: Pronunciation of these towns

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Just to test it I put "my name is alicia" and put Italian. It said exactly that but with an accent. Then I put in the word water and it said water with an accent. I cracked up! Maybe I need an account or something

Alicia
User avatar
johnnyonthespot
Master
Master
Posts: 5228
Joined: 04 Aug 2008, 15:01
Location: Connecticut, USA

Re: Pronunciation of these towns

Post by johnnyonthespot »

Okay, I see.

Oddcast is not a translator, just a "speaker". In this case, it did exactly as expected, it tried to pronounce the words you wrote in the way that an Italian would pronounce *those words*.

Try instead, "Mi chiamo Alicia"

Or, "Buongiorno, mi chiamo Alicia"
Carmine

My hobby is finding things. Having found most of my own, I am happy to help others find theirs. PM me! :)
User avatar
DeFilippis78
Master
Master
Posts: 1144
Joined: 02 Dec 2009, 02:19

Re: Pronunciation of these towns

Post by DeFilippis78 »

Ohhh! I see. No wonder when I put in Gimigliano it said it right. But when I went with english it didnt work. Duh!

Alicia
Post Reply