Sarseiao
Re: Sarseiao
Just a note-Italy is on a 24 hour clock. So this is 1 a.m. and not p.m.
- chrisdamato
- Elite

- Posts: 277
- Joined: 10 Feb 2010, 14:00
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Sarseiao
I was hoping it would be a photocopy of the actual birth certificate indicating his parents names (which I have) and some additional information. I guess my hopes were a bit higher.
Re: Sarseiao
I do all of my own research from microfilmed state civil records of my various ancestral towns, so the copies I get from microfilm are copies of the original records. When you mail order for records, you need to ask for one of the following types of records:
Estratto per Riassunto Per Atto di Nascita (gives father’s full name and mother’s full name (includes her maiden name)
Copia Integrale dell’atto di Nascita (or Matrimonio or Morte)-photocopies of original registry pages of birth, marriage, divorce, and death. These copies of original records are often difficult, but not impossible, to read
Estratto per Riassunto Per Atto di Nascita (gives father’s full name and mother’s full name (includes her maiden name)
Copia Integrale dell’atto di Nascita (or Matrimonio or Morte)-photocopies of original registry pages of birth, marriage, divorce, and death. These copies of original records are often difficult, but not impossible, to read
- chrisdamato
- Elite

- Posts: 277
- Joined: 10 Feb 2010, 14:00
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Sarseiao
Does that mean there is no way I can find out more information about his parents?
Re: Sarseiao
anagrafe.santarsenio@asmepec.it
This is an email address for the town. If I were you I would send them an email and ask for the information which does not appear on the extracted copy. I am sending you a private message.
Otherwise, you will need to write via snail mail again to request one of the two types of records I mentioned in my previous post and I am now repeating:
The Copia Integrale, it is my understanding, is a word for word copy of the original record. It is handcopied normally from the original document, containing everything in the original document. Sometimes the original is photocopied and you receive a photocopy of the original.
The Estratto per Riassunto should have the parents' names on it, including the mother's maiden name. This will be an extracted record having a little more information than the one you received, but it will not be a copy of the original record and contain everything that was in the original record.
This is an email address for the town. If I were you I would send them an email and ask for the information which does not appear on the extracted copy. I am sending you a private message.
Otherwise, you will need to write via snail mail again to request one of the two types of records I mentioned in my previous post and I am now repeating:
The Copia Integrale, it is my understanding, is a word for word copy of the original record. It is handcopied normally from the original document, containing everything in the original document. Sometimes the original is photocopied and you receive a photocopy of the original.
The Estratto per Riassunto should have the parents' names on it, including the mother's maiden name. This will be an extracted record having a little more information than the one you received, but it will not be a copy of the original record and contain everything that was in the original record.
- chrisdamato
- Elite

- Posts: 277
- Joined: 10 Feb 2010, 14:00
- Location: Connecticut, USA
Re: Sarseiao
Thank you
