No Record Found from USCIS
Re: No Record Found from USCIS
SChiarini,
I have sent out 2 requests for an amended letter to Mike Quinn and one new request for a No records found (with the correct wording in line 4). I don't know what else to do. I tried calling the general information number but they were no help.
So even with your supporting documents, the Consulate would not accept the USCIS letter as is? That is concerning me very much. Is that the only item holding you up?
I don't know why it's taking so long for a response that does not require an additional search.
Drew
I have sent out 2 requests for an amended letter to Mike Quinn and one new request for a No records found (with the correct wording in line 4). I don't know what else to do. I tried calling the general information number but they were no help.
So even with your supporting documents, the Consulate would not accept the USCIS letter as is? That is concerning me very much. Is that the only item holding you up?
I don't know why it's taking so long for a response that does not require an additional search.
Drew
Re: No Record Found from USCIS
Drew,
Even with the supporting documents the Consulate in NY said that I would need to get the new letter. I also am waiting on an amended birth certificate, those are the only two discrepancies the consulate had with my application (very surprised) however, these seem to be the hardest ones!
I am not sure why it is taking so long for a response either, when I sent my first request for the old letters back in April/May they came right away.
I'm assuming maybe since I didn't send enough supporting documents he just didn't/won't send the new letter out? I have read on the board that some people have received their new letters within a months time?
Stephanie
Even with the supporting documents the Consulate in NY said that I would need to get the new letter. I also am waiting on an amended birth certificate, those are the only two discrepancies the consulate had with my application (very surprised) however, these seem to be the hardest ones!
I am not sure why it is taking so long for a response either, when I sent my first request for the old letters back in April/May they came right away.
I'm assuming maybe since I didn't send enough supporting documents he just didn't/won't send the new letter out? I have read on the board that some people have received their new letters within a months time?
Stephanie
Re: No Record Found from USCIS
Stephanie,
I sent in copies of 4 different county clerk letters and the NARA letter and I'm still waiting. There has to be a phone number to the records office. Even if we can't get Mike Quinn on the phone, there has to be someone to speak with who can look into this matter for us. I am continuing my search for a contact. If I find something, I will certainly pass it along.
Fortunatly, I still have some time but the days are ticking by.
Drew
I sent in copies of 4 different county clerk letters and the NARA letter and I'm still waiting. There has to be a phone number to the records office. Even if we can't get Mike Quinn on the phone, there has to be someone to speak with who can look into this matter for us. I am continuing my search for a contact. If I find something, I will certainly pass it along.
Fortunatly, I still have some time but the days are ticking by.
Drew
Re: No Record Found from USCIS
Yes, please let me know if you hear anything! I will do the same!
Stephanie
Stephanie
Re: No Record Found from USCIS
Hey,
I skipped over much of this thread but wanted to add that Mike Quinn is no longer running the show. The new person is: Magda S. Ortiz. Somehow I was able to get an amended letter back in a flash but if you see my other post, alot of good it did me. Also, I heard that all further 'non existence" letters from homeland security will have the proper wording the first time. Hope you have better luck.
LL
I skipped over much of this thread but wanted to add that Mike Quinn is no longer running the show. The new person is: Magda S. Ortiz. Somehow I was able to get an amended letter back in a flash but if you see my other post, alot of good it did me. Also, I heard that all further 'non existence" letters from homeland security will have the proper wording the first time. Hope you have better luck.
LL
Re: No Record Found from USCIS
Thanks for the update LL.
Do you know if I should send the request to the same address?
Stephanie
Do you know if I should send the request to the same address?
Stephanie
Re: No Record Found from USCIS
That is good info, Thanks.
I have sent for a completely new letter so i hope this one is correct.
Drew
I have sent for a completely new letter so i hope this one is correct.
Drew
Re: No Record Found from USCIS
Good News!! I recieved my amended letter today!! Signed by Mike Quinn.
I guess they are just backed up.
Drew
I guess they are just backed up.
Drew
Re: No Record Found from USCIS
Drew,
I actually received a letter today as well, however it is the SAME exact letter.... there were no amendments made??? It is the same exact letter I sent -- and they did not add the last line about the ancestor not becoming a US citizen?? What the heck?
Maybe I am wording the letter wrong?
I actually received a letter today as well, however it is the SAME exact letter.... there were no amendments made??? It is the same exact letter I sent -- and they did not add the last line about the ancestor not becoming a US citizen?? What the heck?
Maybe I am wording the letter wrong?
Re: No Record Found from USCIS
I have received the correct letter from USCIS and I also have letters from the local courts indicating the ancestor never naturalized. Why must I have something from NARA as well? If it's absolutely necessary, how do I get this letter from NARA? Please advise. Grazie.
Re: No Record Found from USCIS
Stephanie,
I sent you a PM.
Drew
I sent you a PM.
Drew
- Gianna75010
- Rookie

- Posts: 54
- Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 06:41
Re: No Record Found from USCIS
Hi All.
I, too, am still waiting for my USCIS letter of non-existence which I requested in the beginning of September. I just mailed a follow-up letter to Mike Quinn but now it looks like Magda S. Ortiz is in charge. What is her address? My appointment is in 2 weeks so I'm starting to worry that I won't get the letter in time. Anyone have any advice?
Gianna
I, too, am still waiting for my USCIS letter of non-existence which I requested in the beginning of September. I just mailed a follow-up letter to Mike Quinn but now it looks like Magda S. Ortiz is in charge. What is her address? My appointment is in 2 weeks so I'm starting to worry that I won't get the letter in time. Anyone have any advice?
Gianna
Re: No Record Found from USCIS
Gianna,
I would take whatever letter it is that you have, and if they tell you that you need the new wording, tell them you sent away for it and it should be coming any day. In NY they took my letter but told me I would have to get a new one. You can always mail it back to them or drop it off when you get it.
I would take whatever letter it is that you have, and if they tell you that you need the new wording, tell them you sent away for it and it should be coming any day. In NY they took my letter but told me I would have to get a new one. You can always mail it back to them or drop it off when you get it.
- Gianna75010
- Rookie

- Posts: 54
- Joined: 05 Sep 2010, 06:41
Re: No Record Found from USCIS
Unfortunately, I haven't received any letter yet from USCIS. I have the ones from NARA and the County, but the USCIS hasn't responded. I just wish there was someone I could call to follow-up with. Is there a phone number for the Operations Department?

