Nicola Fariello and wife Eufrasia Derasmo
Nicola Fariello and wife Eufrasia Derasmo
They had a son Rocco Fariello born and died in Grumo Appula (Jan 23, 1863 to Mar 19, 1944). He was married to Filomena Scarola born April 19, 1861, and they had at least six children (Grazia, Nicola, Nicola, Eufrasia, Pasqua Camilla, and Maria Antonia). Trying to find Nicola's and Eufrasia's dates or birth, marriage, and death plus their parents and grandparents. I found a Nicola Fariello born in 1829 and died May 28, 1878 in Grumo Appula on the Mormon site. However, I don't know if he is the same person I am looking for. His father was Rocco Fariello which fits into the Italian naming tradition since the son of my Nicola Fariello was also named Rocco. I'm also interested in brothers and sisters of all these people.
Re: Nicola Fariello and wife Eufrasia Derasmo
Do you have Rocco's birth record from 1863?
Usually on the birth record you will find the name of the child's father AND HIS father (grandfather)... that may provide a clue
Usually the father presents the child to the town official. In recording this act, it is usually written "Appeared Nicola, son of _____"
T.
Usually on the birth record you will find the name of the child's father AND HIS father (grandfather)... that may provide a clue
Usually the father presents the child to the town official. In recording this act, it is usually written "Appeared Nicola, son of _____"
T.
Re: Nicola Fariello and wife Eufrasia Derasmo
Unfortunately, the comune of Grumo Appula only sent me a modern form in which they typed only the parents' names. I do not have the original Italian handwritten birth record from 1863. They have more information for which they requested 40 euros. I sent them the money, but they claim to have never received it even though I sent them the bank record where I converted dollars to euros. It looks like I'm out of luck.
Re: Nicola Fariello and wife Eufrasia Derasmo
Not really!rp76226 wrote:Unfortunately, the comune of Grumo Appula only sent me a modern form in which they typed only the parents' names. I do not have the original Italian handwritten birth record from 1863. They have more information for which they requested 40 euros. I sent them the money, but they claim to have never received it even though I sent them the bank record where I converted dollars to euros. It looks like I'm out of luck.
You can rent the civil registrations (births, marriage, deaths, etc.) for Grumo Appula from your local Family History Center (about $5.50 per month). They have microfilmed the records from 1809 - 1900...
http://familysearch.org/eng/library/fhl ... +Grumo+App++
These are images of the ORIGINAL documents... in Italian, of course.
To find the nearest FHC...
Enter your zip code at this site.
http://familysearch.org/eng/
T.
Re: Nicola Fariello and wife Eufrasia Derasmo
I've done that before. The quality of their pictures is often so bad that you cannot define the letters within the words to get them translated. I've put some of them on this site and the experts here couldn't figure them out either.
Re: Nicola Fariello and wife Eufrasia Derasmo
Unexpectedly received a reply from Grumo Appula. I know know that Nicolas Farello was born in 1827 and that his parents were Rocco Fariello and Maria Tricarico. Also have Rocco's three sisters now with their combined 10 children. Do not have dates of birth, marriage, and death for Nicolas's parents, nor death for Nicolas and his wife. Eufrasia Derasmo. Also, the town used abbreviations on two phrases located in the residence column of the form they sent me with the information that I can't translate. Anyone care to take a guess at the meaning of these two phrases?
1. Emig.Toritto il 29.11.1935
2. Non C'E' nessuna Scheda Cartacea
1. Emig.Toritto il 29.11.1935
2. Non C'E' nessuna Scheda Cartacea
Re: Nicola Fariello and wife Eufrasia Derasmo
No. 1 I think means someone moved to the town of Toritto on that date
No.2 says there is no schedule/form/record but I don't know 'Cartacea'.
I have used the Grumo records during your time period, usually with great success. Have gotten back to the mid 1700's with these records.
Good luck
No.2 says there is no schedule/form/record but I don't know 'Cartacea'.
I have used the Grumo records during your time period, usually with great success. Have gotten back to the mid 1700's with these records.
Good luck
Re: Nicola Fariello and wife Eufrasia Derasmo
Took a look at my records from 2 yrs. ago - not the best. Eufrasia's surname (cognome) is D'Erasmo. I have found some D'Erasmo and Fariello people who were connected with my ancestors but cannot say whether they are parents/siblings of your Nicola, Rocco, Eufrasia, etc.

