Looking for Info on Strally and DeMatteo Families
Re: Looking for Info on Strally and DeMatteo Families
Canada -USA migration records maintained from 1892 onwards. If you know where he crossed into the USA it makes it easier to research USA records thru NARA. Peter
Re: Looking for Info on Strally and DeMatteo Families
One more thing land entry files (from Canada to USA) are researched by filing form 84 (my error in numbering). Peter
Re: Looking for Info on Strally and DeMatteo Families
Many of the DeMatteo families changed their names to MATTAIR.
Giueseppe DeMatteo (age 21) immigrated to NY from Naples on the ship Neustria in 1868. He had married Nicolina 'Lena' Anselmo (or Angelo) Departed Naples, arrived U.S. 7, Dec.1892 aboard the ship Gioval. They had 3 children. 1. Rosina (Rose) DeMatteo/Mattair b. 1891, Italy (I believe San Fili, Calabria), but not certain as yet. 2. Thomas Guy Mattair; b. 1895, Chicago,Ill. 3. Frances Marie b. 1897, Chicago, Ill.; d.Nov. 1953, Chicago, Ill. Ward 31... [the dates don't jibe regarding 'Joseph's' arr. in the U.S. and the birth of 'Rose', but I believe that Nicolina has been incorrectly mixed from Angello to Anselmo..... if so her arr. was on the same ship as Joseph's...the Neustria....
Rose Dematteo/Mattair married Salvatore Cesario in 1920. Salvatore was born in San Fili, Cosenza, Calabria, Italy 1886; d. 1975
Their children: Earl A. (1911-1970); Florence (1913-1993); Eleanor (1914-1969; Violet (1916-1980); Frances (1918-2000); All in the Chicago area at birth, but I believe one is listed as having lived in Colorado.
Parents of Salvatore: FATHER: Antonio Cesario (1850-1930) MOTHER: Philomena (Pellegrino) Cesario (1854-1930).
There are 'Mattairs' in Florida, California, Oregon, Colorado and Illinois. I'm sure there are others...
isis1037@yahoo.com
Giueseppe DeMatteo (age 21) immigrated to NY from Naples on the ship Neustria in 1868. He had married Nicolina 'Lena' Anselmo (or Angelo) Departed Naples, arrived U.S. 7, Dec.1892 aboard the ship Gioval. They had 3 children. 1. Rosina (Rose) DeMatteo/Mattair b. 1891, Italy (I believe San Fili, Calabria), but not certain as yet. 2. Thomas Guy Mattair; b. 1895, Chicago,Ill. 3. Frances Marie b. 1897, Chicago, Ill.; d.Nov. 1953, Chicago, Ill. Ward 31... [the dates don't jibe regarding 'Joseph's' arr. in the U.S. and the birth of 'Rose', but I believe that Nicolina has been incorrectly mixed from Angello to Anselmo..... if so her arr. was on the same ship as Joseph's...the Neustria....
Rose Dematteo/Mattair married Salvatore Cesario in 1920. Salvatore was born in San Fili, Cosenza, Calabria, Italy 1886; d. 1975
Their children: Earl A. (1911-1970); Florence (1913-1993); Eleanor (1914-1969; Violet (1916-1980); Frances (1918-2000); All in the Chicago area at birth, but I believe one is listed as having lived in Colorado.
Parents of Salvatore: FATHER: Antonio Cesario (1850-1930) MOTHER: Philomena (Pellegrino) Cesario (1854-1930).
There are 'Mattairs' in Florida, California, Oregon, Colorado and Illinois. I'm sure there are others...
isis1037@yahoo.com
- DeCiccofam
- Newbie

- Posts: 15
- Joined: 22 Apr 2010, 20:31
Re: Looking for Info on Strally and DeMatteo Families
I have some information on the family, but I'm not sure it's what you're looking for...it's the Salvatore Cesario family (mostly). If you're interested in that at all, please let me know. I was trying to find information on Rose and I did through you...thank you.
- DeCiccofam
- Newbie

- Posts: 15
- Joined: 22 Apr 2010, 20:31
Re: Looking for Info on Strally and DeMatteo Families
I have a question about Rose...it says she married Salvatore Cesario in 1920, but all of the children you list were born before this date.
