I am trying to find information about one of my garndmother’s brothers who emigrtated to the States from Gerola Alta at the start of the 20th century.
He is named Carlo SPANDRIO. According to my father, he left at the age of fifteen, fought in the US army in WWI and died later from wounds inflicted during the war.
I suspect his real name was not Carlo but Giovanni, who travelled to the States in 1912.
So I’d like all information available about this Giovanni Spandrio.
SPANDRIO
Re: SPANDRIO
Hi, abt Carlo, I fond a:
U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 about Carlo Spandri
Name: Carlo Spandri
County: Merced
State: California
Birthplace: Italy
Birth Date: 28 Jan 1889
Race: Caucasian (White)
born in Gerola Alta, IT
this Carlo died in 1922
U.S., Headstone Applications for Military Veterans, 1925-1963 about Carlo Spandri
Name: Carlo Spandri
Death Date: 15 Oct 1922
Cemetery: Santa Barbara Cemetery
Cemetery Location: Santa Barbara, California

The full name of this Carlo born in Gerola Alta, it was:
Carlo Amanzio Spandrio born on 28 Jan 1889 son of Carlo Spandrio and of Mariangela Mascenti:
birth act
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1785520487
you can give s more details? birthyear? parent's names?
Thanks,
suanj
U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 about Carlo Spandri
Name: Carlo Spandri
County: Merced
State: California
Birthplace: Italy
Birth Date: 28 Jan 1889
Race: Caucasian (White)
born in Gerola Alta, IT
this Carlo died in 1922
U.S., Headstone Applications for Military Veterans, 1925-1963 about Carlo Spandri
Name: Carlo Spandri
Death Date: 15 Oct 1922
Cemetery: Santa Barbara Cemetery
Cemetery Location: Santa Barbara, California

The full name of this Carlo born in Gerola Alta, it was:
Carlo Amanzio Spandrio born on 28 Jan 1889 son of Carlo Spandrio and of Mariangela Mascenti:
birth act
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1785520487
you can give s more details? birthyear? parent's names?
Thanks,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: SPANDRIO
Thanks Suanj
My only source of information at the moment is my father, 98, whose memory is not reliable.
He can't give the name of his grandparents.
Could ou find the parents of his mother :Spandrio Maria born 17/7/1886 at Gerola ?
This should enable me to be sure that Carlo is her brother.
I have another question : how come I do not find his passage to the States ?
My only source of information at the moment is my father, 98, whose memory is not reliable.
He can't give the name of his grandparents.
Could ou find the parents of his mother :Spandrio Maria born 17/7/1886 at Gerola ?
This should enable me to be sure that Carlo is her brother.
I have another question : how come I do not find his passage to the States ?
Re: SPANDRIO
On 17 July 1886 was born in Gerola Alta:
SPANDRIO Clara daughter of Carlo Spandrio and Mariangela Mascenti
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1785520487
suanj
SPANDRIO Clara daughter of Carlo Spandrio and Mariangela Mascenti
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1785520487
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: SPANDRIO
Carlo arrival:
First Name: Carlo
Last Name: Spondvio (Spandrio)
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian North
Last Place of Residence: Gevola (Gerola)
Date of Arrival: Apr 19, 1905
Age at Arrival: 16y Gender: M Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Vaderland
Port of Departure: Antwerp
Manifest Line Number: 0023
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0023
suanj
First Name: Carlo
Last Name: Spondvio (Spandrio)
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian North
Last Place of Residence: Gevola (Gerola)
Date of Arrival: Apr 19, 1905
Age at Arrival: 16y Gender: M Marital Status: S
Ship of Travel: Vaderland
Port of Departure: Antwerp
Manifest Line Number: 0023
http://www.ellisisland.org/EIFile/popup ... &line=0023
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: SPANDRIO
Thanks suanj for helping me find Carlo Spandrio.
Is it possible to know whether he got married in the States or where he is buried ?
Thanks for your help with Maria Spandrio, who seems to be named Clara !
- Another of her children emigrated to the US and died there.
He is Serafino SPANDRIO.
I was unable to find his passage.
Could you also tell me who his parents were ?
- And there is Giovanni Spandrio who emigrated 1n 1912.
I'd like infomation about him.
I found the ship manifest that says he was the son of Giovanni Spandrio.
Who were his parents ? Did he settle in the States ?
Thanks in advance.
Is it possible to know whether he got married in the States or where he is buried ?
Thanks for your help with Maria Spandrio, who seems to be named Clara !
- Another of her children emigrated to the US and died there.
He is Serafino SPANDRIO.
I was unable to find his passage.
Could you also tell me who his parents were ?
- And there is Giovanni Spandrio who emigrated 1n 1912.
I'd like infomation about him.
I found the ship manifest that says he was the son of Giovanni Spandrio.
Who were his parents ? Did he settle in the States ?
Thanks in advance.
Re: SPANDRIO
Carlo is buried in Santa Barbara Cemetery; I have just this info... by WWI draft registration card.. he was single.
Abt Serafino in WWI draft registration card, he stated as next of kin Charles Spandrio-Camp Freemont:
U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 about Serafino Spandrio
Name: Serafino Spandrio
County: Santa Barbara
State: California
Birth Date: 3 May 1884
Race: White
Serafino Spandrio arrival:
First Name: Serafino
Last Name: ...drio
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian North
Last Place of Residence: Gerola
Date of Arrival: Dec 11, 1906
Age at Arrival: 22y Gender: M Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: La Bretagne
Port of Departure: Havre
Manifest Line Number: 0026

for Giovanni .. now I cannot search.. I will reply later,
suanj
Abt Serafino in WWI draft registration card, he stated as next of kin Charles Spandrio-Camp Freemont:
U.S., World War I Draft Registration Cards, 1917-1918 about Serafino Spandrio
Name: Serafino Spandrio
County: Santa Barbara
State: California
Birth Date: 3 May 1884
Race: White
Serafino Spandrio arrival:
First Name: Serafino
Last Name: ...drio
Ethnicity: Italy, Italian North
Last Place of Residence: Gerola
Date of Arrival: Dec 11, 1906
Age at Arrival: 22y Gender: M Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: La Bretagne
Port of Departure: Havre
Manifest Line Number: 0026

for Giovanni .. now I cannot search.. I will reply later,
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: SPANDRIO
Giovanni Spandrio:
New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 about Giovanni Spandrio
Name: Giovanni Spandrio
Arrival Date: 27 Mar 1912
Birth Date: abt 1895
Birth Location: Italy
Birth Location Other: gerola
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Ethnicity/ Nationality: Italian (North) (Italian)
Port of Departure: Le Havre
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: Rochambeau
U.S., Naturalization Records - Original Documents, 1795-1972 (World Archives Project) about Giovanni Spandrio
Name: Giovanni Spandrio
Age: 24
Birth Date: 25 Apr 1894
Birth Location: Gerala Alta, Italy
Arrival Year: 1912
Issue Date: 5 Jun 1918
State: Washington
Locality, Court: Tacoma, District Court
1920 United States Federal Census about John Spandrio
Name: John Spandrio
[John Spaudris]
[John Spandris]
Age: 25
Birth Year: abt 1895
Birthplace: Italy
Home in 1920: Santa Maria, Santa Barbara, California
Race: White
Gender: Male
Immigration Year: 1910
Relation to Head of House: Servant
Marital Status: Single
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's Birthplace: Italy
Able to read: No
Able to Write: No
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
Guave Mauni 25
Bertol Mauni 36
John Spandrio 25
Oiehin Ruffoni 38
[39]
Serefino Spandrio 36
Antonetta Spandrio 30
[31]
Angelo Spandrio 1
[1 3/12]
Giovanni Battista Spandrio (full name) was born in Corio Valtellina, and the birth was recorded also in Gerola Alta; Giovanni was the son of Giovanni 48 old and of Maria Manni
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1785520487
death:
NAME:
John Spandrio
BIRTH:
1894
DEATH:
26 Dec 1933
suanj
New York, Passenger Lists, 1820-1957 about Giovanni Spandrio
Name: Giovanni Spandrio
Arrival Date: 27 Mar 1912
Birth Date: abt 1895
Birth Location: Italy
Birth Location Other: gerola
Age: 17
Gender: Male
Ethnicity/ Nationality: Italian (North) (Italian)
Port of Departure: Le Havre
Port of Arrival: New York, New York
Ship Name: Rochambeau
U.S., Naturalization Records - Original Documents, 1795-1972 (World Archives Project) about Giovanni Spandrio
Name: Giovanni Spandrio
Age: 24
Birth Date: 25 Apr 1894
Birth Location: Gerala Alta, Italy
Arrival Year: 1912
Issue Date: 5 Jun 1918
State: Washington
Locality, Court: Tacoma, District Court
1920 United States Federal Census about John Spandrio
Name: John Spandrio
[John Spaudris]
[John Spandris]
Age: 25
Birth Year: abt 1895
Birthplace: Italy
Home in 1920: Santa Maria, Santa Barbara, California
Race: White
Gender: Male
Immigration Year: 1910
Relation to Head of House: Servant
Marital Status: Single
Father's Birthplace: Italy
Mother's Birthplace: Italy
Able to read: No
Able to Write: No
Neighbors: View others on page
Household Members:
Name Age
Guave Mauni 25
Bertol Mauni 36
John Spandrio 25
Oiehin Ruffoni 38
[39]
Serefino Spandrio 36
Antonetta Spandrio 30
[31]
Angelo Spandrio 1
[1 3/12]
Giovanni Battista Spandrio (full name) was born in Corio Valtellina, and the birth was recorded also in Gerola Alta; Giovanni was the son of Giovanni 48 old and of Maria Manni
https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... 1785520487
death:
NAME:
John Spandrio
BIRTH:
1894
DEATH:
26 Dec 1933
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
Re: SPANDRIO
Hi ! To start with I need to explain that I am not new to the forum but as I was unable to log in I had to register again. (formerly baeta43).
That's why I never thanked Suanj for the valuable info.
And I have new queries.
- Concerning Serefino SPANDRIO and Antonetta SPANDRIO.
Is it possible to know the date of their marriage and if Angelo Spandrio was their son or if he was adopted?
- Also one of my grandfather's brothers Giuseppe Andrea SPANDRIO (born in 1880) was in California in 1906 but I can't find his passage.
- His brother Andrea SPANDRIO, born in 1889, died in the States in 1920.
Their parents were : Andrea SPANDRIO and Margherita CURTONI.
Thanks.
That's why I never thanked Suanj for the valuable info.
And I have new queries.
- Concerning Serefino SPANDRIO and Antonetta SPANDRIO.
Is it possible to know the date of their marriage and if Angelo Spandrio was their son or if he was adopted?
- Also one of my grandfather's brothers Giuseppe Andrea SPANDRIO (born in 1880) was in California in 1906 but I can't find his passage.
- His brother Andrea SPANDRIO, born in 1889, died in the States in 1920.
Their parents were : Andrea SPANDRIO and Margherita CURTONI.
Thanks.

