Born where?

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Born where?

Post by suanj »

ginagirl916 wrote:Are you finding Guinti or Guisti? I am looking for Giunti. They are 2 different names.
Guglielmo surname was Giusti and not Giunti
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: Born where?

Post by suanj »

suanj wrote:I am pretty sure that the right surname is Giusti, as a well I am sure that the birthplace is Lucca or some hamlet of Lucca....

on 1905 census the Guglielmo birthyear is 1842:
Guglielmo Giusti
Rhode Island, State Census, 1905
Name: Guglielmo Giusti
Event Place: Providence, Ward 004, E.D. 0043, Providence, Rhode Island
Age: 63
Gender: Male
Race: White
Marital Status: Married
Birth Date: 1842
Birthplace: Italy
Father's Birthplace: Smithfield Rhode Island
Mother's Birthplace: Smithfield Rhode Island
Relationship to Head of Household: Father
Entry Number: 8

https://familysearch.org/pal:/MM9.3.1/T ... cc=1542866
in previous and next pages are also some other Giusti.... Bernardo Giusti, Angelo Giusti.. I believe related in some way at Gulielmo....
regards,
suanj
you can read on 1905 census the right name
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
ginagirl916
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 32
Joined: 05 Jun 2014, 15:45

Re: Born where?

Post by ginagirl916 »

113yearslater wrote:
johnnyonthespot wrote:
113yearslater wrote:Just tried this: I'm finding Giusti and Carmassi coming from a place called Massarosa, and a few from another place called Lucca. (Same place, apparently.)
Lucca is the name of a province and also the name of the province's capital city. Massarosa is one of the 35 comuni of Lucca province.
Yep. Like my family members who are listed as coming from either "Atessa" or "Chieti." Just depends on which which was written down on the manifest, the comune or the province.

Unfortunately, the available films through FamilySearch for Massarosa only appear to go back to 1870. :(

Do you think I'll find anything on the Lucca films? That's where I started.
113yearslater
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 66
Joined: 23 Jan 2014, 20:00

Re: Born where?

Post by 113yearslater »

If you're looking here:

https://familysearch.org/search/image/i ... %3D2043811

then they don't seem to go far enough back to include the birth records for your two ancestors, unfortunately. :-( Nevertheless, I think Massarosa is a good candidate for a town of origin for them, at least.
ginagirl916
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 32
Joined: 05 Jun 2014, 15:45

Re: Born where?

Post by ginagirl916 »

How do you guys find things so fast? im here going through each record but this can take forever. Is there a trick to this or just patience?
113yearslater
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 66
Joined: 23 Jan 2014, 20:00

Re: Born where?

Post by 113yearslater »

It's just experience, I think -- tricks that I learned while doing research on my own family. And stubbornness. That plays a big role, too.
Post Reply