Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
wjamflan
Newbie
Posts: 9 Joined: 08 Aug 2016, 16:27
Post
by wjamflan » 03 Sep 2016, 14:41
Good morning all.
Could someone please help me with translating the phrase below?
It looks to me like "he dichiara esergli nato" or "he declares ??????? born".
What does "esergli" mean? Am I even seeing that correctly? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Bill
suanj
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251 Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:
Post
by suanj » 03 Sep 2016, 16:24
"esergli"=essergli nato(=essere nato a lui); the clerk missed the other "s"... meaning:
born at him, born from he....
suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery
----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
wjamflan
Newbie
Posts: 9 Joined: 08 Aug 2016, 16:27
Post
by wjamflan » 03 Sep 2016, 23:23
Thank you suanj. I appreciate it.