1948 Case Advice

Over 25 million Italians have emigrated between 1861 and 1960 with a migration boom between 1871 and 1915 when over 13,5 million emigrants left the country for European and overseas destinations.
Post Reply
A.Michelle
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 20:11

1948 Case Advice

Post by A.Michelle »

Greetings, all! I believe I have gathered all the documents necessary to begin a 1948 citizenship case in the Italian courts. I would be applying through my father who was born to an Italian mother prior to 1948. I have a couple of questions.

First, are people still successful in these cases?

Second, I've been pricing attorneys, and I am good with those costs, but I keep seeing posts about taxes. What are the taxes, and how much can I expect to pay?

Finally, I'm looking for an attorney to handle this, should I decide to proceed. Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Michelle
Kathy
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 24
Joined: 08 Feb 2017, 13:45

Re: 1948 Case Advice

Post by Kathy »

I am just beginning this myself so I can't tell you what to expect, but I have contacted two lawyers whom Ive seen mentioned online as taking these cases and both replied to me and gave me breakdowns of the cost including the tax fees. If you look in the threads on 1948 cases or Luigi Paiano clients you will find information! The two I have contacted are Giovanni Di Ruggerio and Luigi Paiano. Both were professional in their replies and helpful and they clarified things for me. I am not even close to being ready, I am collecting documents and then have to deal with translating them so I havent decided who to use. Paiano is nearly double the cost and this is an issue for me. He is very sucessful and people recommend him highly. DiRuggerio is mentioned too but I havent seen any reports of successes or experience with him. Im hoping that by the time I am ready there will be more reports from people who are using him. Good luck!
A.Michelle
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 26
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 20:11

Re: 1948 Case Advice

Post by A.Michelle »

Thank you! Good luck to you as well.
Post Reply