Stefano Crisafulli

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: Stefano Crisafulli

Post by Tessa78 »

QwertyO wrote: 10 May 2017, 01:46 Thank you ALL!! If I could hug you all I would. This is definitely something although I am unsure how it all fits together. I have written it all down (PS. I am sorry for being a little lost, I'll catch on) Let me see if I have it right.

My GGF Stefano (b: 1886) has a mother named Carmela Crisafulli (b:1858) Yes Her parents are Stefano Crisafulli (b:1849) and Nunzia Cifala. HIS father was first married to Grazia de Luca.

Giuseppe's (b.1880)
father Stefano (b. 1849) is the son of Antonino and Lucia Arcovito.

GGF Stefano's father is still Giuseppe? Not that I can see. Stefano's father is Antonino...

The translation given by Angela exactly matches with information I found online about "Plaque Stefano" (is he the same guy as Carmelas father?) The information I found (someones school study on him- "write ten paragraphs on some famous but little known Italian guy" maybe) put him at 23 years old in 1848.

I apologize for being lame. I am so excited though I can barely type fast enough. I am learning so much about this and I am so thankful. I am going to attach the records to my Ancestry tree and go from there. I will be back for the Castracanes, the Pepes and the Delzompos...but not yet!
Hope the corrections help!

We'll be waiting! :-)

T.
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Stefano Crisafulli

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

QwertyO wrote: 10 May 2017, 01:58 Angela- sorry, he was born in 1824. According tot he paper anyway.
That's okay, it happens. I've just realised that I typed "the municipality of "italia" instead of "itala".

Angela
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Stefano Crisafulli

Post by adelfio »

Ok lets get things together here in one spot
Birth record of Stefano Crisafulli
INDEX#5
1886 Jan 1st in the town of Itala birth of Stefano Crisafulli son of Stefano Crisafulli age 36 (born 1849) shopkeeper and his wife Carmela Crisafulli (b:1858)

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1887904

Marriage of Stefano Crisafulli and Carmela Crisafulli
INDEX#14
1879 October 11th in the town of Itala marriage of Stefano Crisafulli widower, age 30, trader son of Antonino Crisafulli and Lucia Arcovito married to Carmela Crisafulli age 21 daughter of Stefano Crisafulli and of Nunzia Cifala

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1887904

Birth extract of Stefano Crisafulli (Stefano's first wife was Grazia de Luca age 24 daughter of Luigi de Luca and Domenica Ciccarello died 1877 Dec 4th in Itala)
INDEX#49
1849 Oct 16th in the town of Itala province of Messina birth of Stefano Crisafulli son of Antonino Crisafulli age 28 and his wife Lucia Arcovito age 24

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1887904

Birth extract of Carmela Crisafulli
INDEX#38
1858 June 16th in the town of Itala province of Messina birth of daughter of Stefano Crisafulli age 45 and his wife Nunzia Cifala age 32

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1887904

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Stefano Crisafulli

Post by adelfio »

You better start numbering your Stefano's to not to get confused

Death record of Antonino Crisafulli (father of Stefano Crisafulli born 1849)
INDEX#37
1903 Aug 11th in the town of Itala death of Antonino Crisafulli age 86 (abt 1817) miller born and resides in Itala son of deceased Stefano Crisafulli and deceased Lorenza Arrao he was the husband of the deceased Lucia Arcovito

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1887904

Death record of Lucia Arcovito (mother of Stefano Crisafulli born 1849)

INDEX#11
1883 Feb 3rd in the town of Itala death of Lucia Arcovito age 54 (abt 1829) weaver born in Guidomandri daughter of deceased Giacinto Arcovito and deceased Santa Bottari
Lucia Arcovito was the wife of Antonino Crisafulli

PG LINK TO RECORD
https://familysearch.org/ark:/61903/3:1 ... cc=1887904

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
QwertyO
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: 08 May 2017, 18:01
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: Stefano Crisafulli

Post by QwertyO »

You are not kidding about numbering the Stefanos!! I am so confused trying to add these to my ancestry chart. I am not even going to get into Giuseppe Crisafulli right now (who I think is Antonino's brother).

For now, Just to clarify: Carmela has a father AND a husband named Stefano Crisafulli. ?

How did you find the information on familysearch? Each time I looked, no results came up.
QwertyO
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: 08 May 2017, 18:01
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: Stefano Crisafulli

Post by QwertyO »

I just want to again say Thank You to you all! I have just added these names to the Ancestry tree (hoping I have them right) and am excited to share my father's fathers side with him and my aunts.

I now just need to transfer the links to the documents to Ancestry. I appreciate SO much how clearly you all write the genealogy down for me. I am still learning as I go but so far it's fun! And, I am happy to have found this site and to have "met" all of you!
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Stefano Crisafulli

Post by mmogno »

“Stefano Crisafulli nel Risorgimento italiano”
di Angela Di Bella
http://www.prolocoitala.it/eventi/Manif ... afulli.doc
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
QwertyO
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: 08 May 2017, 18:01
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: Stefano Crisafulli

Post by QwertyO »

Thank you MMongo!! Is this Stefano related to me? This may be the "Plaque" Stefano from earlier in our posts. I am having the hardest time separating all of them!!
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Stefano Crisafulli

Post by mmogno »

QwertyO wrote: 10 May 2017, 22:58This may be the "Plaque" Stefano from earlier in our posts.
From “Stefano Crisafulli nel Risorgimento italiano”
Nel cinquantenario dell’unificazione italiana, l’amministrazione comunale di Itala accoglieva la proposta del Comitato Cittadino di realizzare una lapide commemorativa per ricordare le gesta compiute dall’eroico concittadino. La lapide, inaugurata il 12 giugno 1912, si trova tutt’oggi nel comune di Itala.
Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Stefano Crisafulli

Post by adelfio »

For now, Just to clarify: Carmela has a father AND a husband named Stefano Crisafulli
That's right both father and husband named Stefano Crisafulli

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Stefano Crisafulli

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

QwertyO wrote: 10 May 2017, 22:58 Thank you MMongo!! Is this Stefano related to me? This may be the "Plaque" Stefano from earlier in our posts. I am having the hardest time separating all of them!!
I've just been reading through this essay that mmogno has posted. (Yes, definitely Plaque Stefano, as mmogno has confirmed.) It is a really good essay and translates quite well to English although some of the words not so well like in the Plaque. I read through it hoping there would be some personal info which might link to your Stefano Crusafulli but nothing there other than he had a very ill son and was permitted to go to his bedside. (I think that it is possibly the same essay that you referred to earlier in this forum.) It would be interesting to know who his parents were, wife was etc. It looks like you have got enough of your own Stefano Crisafulli's to keep in toe at the moment - on both sides. (Jotting down a pedigree chart/s on paper as you research may help. You can downline templates off the internet.) I'll keep reading/watching with interest.

Angela :)
User avatar
mmogno
Master
Master
Posts: 4676
Joined: 14 Mar 2016, 22:29

Re: Stefano Crisafulli

Post by mmogno »

Emilio Lussu: “Che ne sarebbe della civiltà del mondo, se l’ingiusta violenza si potesse sempre imporre senza resistenza?”
🇺🇦 Slava Ukraine! 🇺🇦
🇮🇱תחי ישראל🇮🇱
User avatar
adelfio
Master
Master
Posts: 9334
Joined: 27 Oct 2010, 13:47
Location: Chicago

Re: Stefano Crisafulli

Post by adelfio »

Go to mmogno's link for the family Crisafulli of Itala. The link I left is just part of the book book mmogno left for the family of Stefano Crisafulli son of Antonino Crisafulli and Lucia Arcovito list all the birthdates of the children and the husbands and wifes just go through the next couple pages and record the dates look at the bottom of page to advance the pg
The book he left you is your family history going back to the 1600's you are very lucky the family made this book and kept it

PG LINK TO RECORD PG#43
http://www.crisafulli.de/Genealogia/enlfr.htm?43

Marty
Researching Trabia, Palermo surnames Adelfio, Bondi, Butera, Scardino,Rinella, Scardamaglia

Marty
QwertyO
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: 08 May 2017, 18:01
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: Stefano Crisafulli

Post by QwertyO »

THANK YOU so much!!!! I am so excited and happy! Thank you! To all of you! For all of your help, patience with me, the sharing of your expertise and your support. I am SO happy I decided to try this website and, as I said before, if I could hug you all I would! I may need help with some of the translations but I will try myself so I don't make a pest of myself.

My family is SO appreciative!
QwertyO
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 21
Joined: 08 May 2017, 18:01
Location: Sacramento, CA

Re: Stefano Crisafulli

Post by QwertyO »

So, just a general question if I may. How did you find those documents on Familysearch so easily? I spent at least a month looking on that site for the information you found so easily. So they are there- I just don't know how to access them. Any help with that would be great so I can try to find the others. Also, what are the index# in your posts? Also, what is the easiest way to document all of this information? I have Ancestry.com but unsure that is the best way. Is it to upload all the info at an LDS Familysearch library once I have info? Still learning. :)
Post Reply