Alphabetical list of surnames

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
Dolcezza
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: 26 Apr 2006, 00:00
Location: England
Contact:

Alphabetical list of surnames

Post by Dolcezza »

Hello again

I wonder if you guys have somewhere a searchable database of surnames. This would help the posts to avoid disappearing.
Thanks!

Dolcezza
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: Alphabetical list of surnames

Post by nuccia »

Dolcezza,

I think this question should be directed to Edmondo. Perhaps you could PM and suggest something :idea:

Nuccia :D
User avatar
Marisa6
Elite
Elite
Posts: 362
Joined: 09 Mar 2006, 00:00
Location: Scotland

Re: Alphabetical list of surnames

Post by Marisa6 »

I think that would be a great idea - than we could see if anyone else on the forum was resarching the same names!

Marisa
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
User avatar
Marisa6
Elite
Elite
Posts: 362
Joined: 09 Mar 2006, 00:00
Location: Scotland

Re: Alphabetical list of surnames

Post by Marisa6 »

I think that would be a great idea - than we could see if anyone else on the forum was resarching the same names!

Marisa
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
User avatar
Marisa6
Elite
Elite
Posts: 362
Joined: 09 Mar 2006, 00:00
Location: Scotland

Re: Alphabetical list of surnames

Post by Marisa6 »

Oops - shouldn't have hit the 'back' button - sorry

Marisa :oops:
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: Alphabetical list of surnames

Post by jcsm400 »

When you go to "community forums" there is a search button at the top.

You can type in any surname & get results.

The same as what you're asking for??????
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
User avatar
Dolcezza
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 10
Joined: 26 Apr 2006, 00:00
Location: England
Contact:

Re: Alphabetical list of surnames

Post by Dolcezza »

Yes, I had tried that, I was thinking of a visible list where there is no guessing work, just surnames, with variations, all in order....some XML knowledge might be useful....oh well...apparently there is nobody with my dad's surname!
Dolcezza
User avatar
mahart
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 104
Joined: 20 Mar 2006, 00:00
Location: Liverpool, England
Contact:

Re: Alphabetical list of surnames

Post by mahart »

Hi all,

I think that is a good idea because when I'm going through databases at other sites etc I always try to remember other members research names but there are so many so it would be good to be able to flick back to a list.
Also picking up on Marisa's idea of a virtual bar, why not have section where it is not topic specific to say hello or to muse over general issues and stuff.

Back to my concrete breaking
Regards
Searching for Palombella family in Molfetta, Puglia

Mark
User avatar
Marisa6
Elite
Elite
Posts: 362
Joined: 09 Mar 2006, 00:00
Location: Scotland

Re: Alphabetical list of surnames

Post by Marisa6 »

Yeah - a sort of area to chat!

I think a list of members intersts would be useful too

Marisa :D
Visocchi, Forte, Marcantonio, Iannetta
Post Reply