Coetello Amari Ceddi?
Coetello Amari Ceddi?
I found this location on a draft card as a place of birth but when I google it I get nothing. Can anybody tell me what city this is likely referring to?
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Coetello Amari Ceddi?
My guess is Castellammare in Pescara, Abruzzi.
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Coetello Amari Ceddi?
Ceddi is probably Chieti.
In the sixty following years Pescara was included in the Province of Chieti and then merged with the adjacent town of Castellammare Adriatico and eventually became the largest city of its region. The new city suffered heavy civilian casualties when it was bombed by the Allies who were attempting to cut German supply lines during World War II. It has since been massively rebuilt, becoming a very modern coastal city of Italy.
In the sixty following years Pescara was included in the Province of Chieti and then merged with the adjacent town of Castellammare Adriatico and eventually became the largest city of its region. The new city suffered heavy civilian casualties when it was bombed by the Allies who were attempting to cut German supply lines during World War II. It has since been massively rebuilt, becoming a very modern coastal city of Italy.
Re: Coetello Amari Ceddi?
Thank you for all the information!
-
darkerhorse
- Master

- Posts: 4006
- Joined: 11 Jun 2020, 18:31
Re: Coetello Amari Ceddi?
Yeah, I thought that was pretty clever of me.