can you help me???

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
kepi
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 12 May 2006, 00:00
Location: ITALY!

Re: can you help me???

Post by kepi »

he went to gold mine in Colorado for work or look for lucky in a gold mine, but he didn't meet his relatives because he in Colorado did't have relatives.but I don't' know if there were his friends in Colorado ...
his birth's date was 21oct1873
User avatar
kepi
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 12 May 2006, 00:00
Location: ITALY!

Re: can you help me???

Post by kepi »

someone can help me in this my investigation about great granfather's story? :(
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: can you help me???

Post by nuccia »

kepi,

Maybe this is him?

U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942 Recordinfo
about Joseph Borgo
Name: Joseph Borgo
Birth Date: 27 Jan 1883
Residence: Allegheny, Pennsylvania
Birth: Arsiero, Italy
Race: White
Roll: WW2_2243693

http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/480/imagex4oo.gif

or this one...which seems more likely.

U.S. World War II Draft Registration Cards, 1942 Recordinfo
about Joseph Borgo
Name: Joseph Borgo
Birth Date: 26 Nov 1891
Residence: Westmoreland, Pennsylvania
Birth: Arsiero, Italy
Race: White
Roll: WW2_2243693

http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/7629/imagex7gi.gif

Let us know....

Nuccia
User avatar
kepi
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 12 May 2006, 00:00
Location: ITALY!

Re: can you help me???

Post by kepi »

nuccia the Giuseppe BORGO - ARSIERO /VICENZA great grandfather 's birth date was 21oct 1873.
I hope you can find his registration card...
i wait for your kind reply

KEPI
User avatar
kepi
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 12 May 2006, 00:00
Location: ITALY!

Re: can you help me???

Post by kepi »

Dear Nuccia,
can you help me finding his regitration card?? He lived in Colorado but he lived in Westmooreland also..
is there a web site where is 't possible looking for this thing??
thanks very much for this your help, very kind
kepi :)
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: can you help me???

Post by suanj »

are this:

Pennsylvania 1910 Miracode Index Record
Census
Name: Joseph Borgo
Birth: abt 1872 - location
Residence: Westmoreland, PA


ditto

1910 United States Federal Census Record
Census
View Image Name: Joseph Borgo
Birth: abt 1872
Residence: 1910 - city, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania


and after:
1920 United States Federal Census Record
Census
View Image Name: Joe Borgo
Birth: abt 1872 - location
Arrival: year
Residence: 1920 - city, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania


no WWI draft registration card.. I don't know if this is your ancestor.. you say me that was in USA only from some year.. and from 1904 ....
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
kepi
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 12 May 2006, 00:00
Location: ITALY!

Re: can you help me???

Post by kepi »

YES i believe this- he went to USA after 1904 about:
ditto

1910 United States Federal Census Record
Census
View Image Name: Joseph Borgo
Birth: abt 1872
Residence: 1910 - city, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania

but is there a written document a registration card??

.. and what is the WWW registration card?
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: can you help me???

Post by suanj »

but is there a written document a registration card??

.. and what is the WWW registration card?

is as the ESITO DI LEVA in Italy....
regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: can you help me???

Post by suanj »

I don't think that giuseppe made the militar service also in USA.. because he was born in 1872, and no made the militar service or the GREAT WAR... for the age ... regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
kepi
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 12 May 2006, 00:00
Location: ITALY!

Re: can you help me???

Post by kepi »

BUT THE REGISTRATION CARD WAS FOR PERSONS WITH MILITARY SERVICE ONLY?
BUT FOR IMMIGRANTS WAS THERE A PERMIT OF STAY?
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: can you help me???

Post by nuccia »

Hi Everyone,

Just got in from work and you'll have to forgive me but I'm tried! I will link the records that suanj found and see if they help at all.

Pennsylvania 1910 Miracode Index Recordinfo
about Joseph Borgo
Name: Joseph Borgo
Birthplace: Italy
State: PA
Age: 38
Color: W
Enumeration District: 0182
Visit: 0140
County: Westmoreland
Relation: Head of Household
Other Residents:
Relation Name Age Birth Place
Wife Catherine 27 Italy
Son Frank 06 Italy
Daughter Mary 04 Italy

1910 census...

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/3541/imagex6qg.gif

1920 United States Federal Census Recordinfo
about Joe Borgo
Name: Joe Borgo
Age: 48 years
Estimated birth year: abt 1872
Birthplace: Italy
Race: White
Home in 1920: Penn, Westmoreland, Pennsylvania
Home owned: Rent
Sex: Male
Marital status: Married
Relation to Head of House: Head
Year of immigration: 1901
Able to read: No
Able to Write: No
Mother's Birth Place: Italy
Father's Birth Place: Italy
Image: 238

http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/7272/imagex2is.gif

Do we have a smiley for tired?

Nuccia
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: can you help me???

Post by suanj »

:D :D :D
Hi nuccia many thanks for the censuses!
I don't know very well this search, because in a first time kopi said that Giuseppe was only for 3 years in USA... after he ask the other records, and this is the joe Borgo in westmoreland PA.. the age is correct, but i don't know if this Giuseppe/joe is the right person, because I don't know if he stayed in USA or back in Italy after 3 year of residence... so i think that kopi can expalne us better... kisses, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
kepi
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 12 May 2006, 00:00
Location: ITALY!

Re: can you help me???

Post by kepi »

dear Suanj and Nuccia
my g frandfather stayed in USA for some years as miner in Colorado, but he lived in Pensilvanya also.Then he returned to Italy .
I would like to think where my g grand father worked in Colorado. But the miners' names in colorado were written in some document? I would like looking for his name in some document because I want to think the mine's name where he worked in Colorado.

I wait... thaks so much for your help
kepi ITALY
User avatar
suanj
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 15251
Joined: 20 Feb 2003, 00:00
Location: Molise region, Italy
Contact:

Re: can you help me???

Post by suanj »

kepi, for the detail of local place, as Colorado, you must to write a message in local forum of colorado, because it is most possible that in local forum the volunteers have other resources that we cannot know, and in the previous post was a good link provided by a member.. http://www.trinidadco.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=2130

regards, suanj
Envy is the most flattering of flattery

----------------------------------------------
Visit my website:
ITALIAN ORIGIN SEARCH
User avatar
kepi
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 12 May 2006, 00:00
Location: ITALY!

Re: can you help me???

Post by kepi »

thanks but I writed a message in a trinidadco.com, but I don't get at having others informations about him
Post Reply