index file and original records on microfilm

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
carla370
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 26 Oct 2010, 18:01
Location: Wyoming USA
Contact:

index file and original records on microfilm

Post by carla370 »

Is there some URL where I can see the original of Comune di SPEZZANO PICCOLO Registro numero 1 Atto numero 29 di pagina for myself ?
This is for a relative Concetta De Cicco. There is no date of her birth on the index card only a year.
Also if her name is written in blue, across the top of the index does that mean there is more information to another book and page?

Thank you

Carla DeCicco Edwards
User avatar
Tessa78
Master
Master
Posts: 18381
Joined: 07 Sep 2009, 18:09

Re: index file and original records on microfilm

Post by Tessa78 »

What year?

T.
User avatar
carla370
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 26 Oct 2010, 18:01
Location: Wyoming USA
Contact:

Re: index file and original records on microfilm

Post by carla370 »

Tessa I am looking through the archives; it's 1876. But I must be using the archives search incorrectly. When I go to Spezzano Piccolo for Registry 1 the pages don't go nearly that high and going single page by single page none are for the subject Concetta. Let me attach a screen shot.
User avatar
carla370
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 26 Oct 2010, 18:01
Location: Wyoming USA
Contact:

Re: index file and original records on microfilm

Post by carla370 »

Untitled.png
Untitled.png
the name above is blue ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rlw254
Master
Master
Posts: 592
Joined: 27 Oct 2018, 00:22

Re: index file and original records on microfilm

Post by rlw254 »

https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 26/5Y4O1Rm
No Concetta de Cicco in Spezzano Piccolo in 1876.

Someone with this name was born there in 1878 but has different parents.
https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 28/0493J7Y

In fact I didn't see anyone with the name 'De Cicco' born in this town from 1872-1878 with those parents.
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: index file and original records on microfilm

Post by erudita74 »

What is the source of the index card you posted? I spent a lot of time yesterday going through the indices for the records for Spezzano Piccolo and only found the Concetta de Cicco that rrlw254 found. Actually there was another Concetta born to the same parents but in a different year. I also see that in another thread on the forum, Michelina Grande, the mother, was born in 1826, and that Concetta's parents married in 1844, I believe it was. So in 1876, Michelina would have been around 50. I know she could have given birth that late in life, but I'm still questioning the accuracy of the info on that index card. So I looked at the indices starting in around 1845 and couldn't find her. I also saw in the other thread that a brother was supposedly born in Cerchiara di Calabria, but the 10 year birth index from 1866 to 1876 is not online, even though it is listed on familysearch.org, and I don't see indices at the ends of each birth year in that town. In the 10 year death index that is there though, I don't see the surname at all.

I also see on the antenati website that Register 1 is from the early 1800s, around 1809, I believe. The register number is much higher for the 1876 records. Hopefully, someone else will have better luck, but I believe the info on the index card is questionable and possibly inaccurate.

Erudita
User avatar
carla370
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 26 Oct 2010, 18:01
Location: Wyoming USA
Contact:

Re: index file and original records on microfilm

Post by carla370 »

here is the index card showing the full URL. I have no idea why it's showing this but as you can see my confusion over my search results...

(1) screen shot of search by name
(2) the expansion of the results to see her name index
(3) final results with parents names, etc.

They refer to a book and page and results do not match when I search book and page. Many of my family results have the name at the top in blue and they are not clickable. I know there was an old archive I used to access 12 years ago which has now been abandoned so I am at a loss here.

Appreciate your help, thank you
*sorry I may have mixed the order but you can see the results are the same. It all points to a birth record for Concetta with my known relatives as her parents (Michelina Grande and Domenico De Cicco)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
rlw254
Master
Master
Posts: 592
Joined: 27 Oct 2018, 00:22

Re: index file and original records on microfilm

Post by rlw254 »

https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... 97/wEAZo8d
21 July 1844 Spezzano Piccolo marriage of Silvestro Domenico De Cicco & Michelina Grande
Silvestro Domenico De Cicco, 25, son of Antonio De Cicco & Fortunata Mancuso (deceased)
Michelina Grande, 19, daughter of Salvatore Grande & Maria Felicia L'Ammarata

Seeing now this was already covered in the older thread.
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
rlw254
Master
Master
Posts: 592
Joined: 27 Oct 2018, 00:22

Re: index file and original records on microfilm

Post by rlw254 »

I went through and updated the family's page on familysearch. One thing I can add to this search is that Michelina Grande died in 1868 and Domenico De Cicco remarried in 1869. If they had a daughter Concetta together, she was certainly not born in 1876.
https://www.familysearch.org/tree/perso ... s/LV75-BW5
Apricena, Caltanissetta, Grottolella, Mazzarino, Montefredane, Salerno, San Severo, Vasto
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: index file and original records on microfilm

Post by erudita74 »

Great finds, rlw. So Concetta died on May 3, 1866 at the age of 21 months but, unfortunately, the birth records for 1864 are missing.
Erudita
User avatar
carla370
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 26 Oct 2010, 18:01
Location: Wyoming USA
Contact:

Re: index file and original records on microfilm

Post by carla370 »

great finds thank you very much. Not being able to read and translate is so hampering. All the little nuances like ages fly right by me. I appreciate you all

Best
Carla DeCicco Edwards
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: index file and original records on microfilm

Post by erudita74 »

Carla,
I had initially considered whether the 1876 date on the index card was actually a death, and not a birth, year and had looked through the death index for that year, but with no luck. I never had time to look through the death indices for other years, but am happy that rlw was able to do so and found an answer for you.
Erudita
User avatar
carla370
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 26 Oct 2010, 18:01
Location: Wyoming USA
Contact:

Re: index file and original records on microfilm

Post by carla370 »

rlw254 wrote: 09 Jul 2023, 19:40 I went through and updated the family's page on familysearch. One thing I can add to this search is that Michelina Grande died in 1868 and Domenico De Cicco remarried in 1869. If they had a daughter Concetta together, she was certainly not born in 1876.
https://www.familysearch.org/tree/perso ... s/LV75-BW5
When you say Domenico remarried (your link refers to Familysearch.org) I see where someone inserted Santa Maddelena De Rose as a second wife. I do not see any proof of this. For me this is an issue. Do you see any place where this is officially recorded other than a user input ?

Thank you
Carla Edwards
User avatar
carla370
Rookie
Rookie
Posts: 80
Joined: 26 Oct 2010, 18:01
Location: Wyoming USA
Contact:

Re: index file and original records on microfilm

Post by carla370 »

RWL254 has also added people to my family line. Please be sure to cite your source when you add. I am a Forensic Genealogist and therefore documentation is absolutely a requirement, thank you for the potential leads, I will consider them :-)
Post Reply