Squatrito Family of Castroreale

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
myroots1961
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 1
Joined: 18 Mar 2025, 17:27

Squatrito Family of Castroreale

Post by myroots1961 »

Buon giorno

I am researching my grandmother's family. I have traced her family back from Monreale, Palermo, Sicily to Castroreale, Messina, Sicily. I am at a brickwall with the following:

Rosario Squatrito married to Angela Maria Leto married 7 Jan 1759 in Monreale. The marriage lists the parents of Rosario Squatrito as Francesco Squatrito and Domenica (no surname) of Castroreale. See attached.

I believe that Rosario was born about 1737 in Castroreale so his parents would have been married before 1737.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
erudita74
Master
Master
Posts: 9245
Joined: 27 Aug 2012, 20:26

Re: Squatrito Family of Castroreale

Post by erudita74 »

The church records for Castroreale are not online. You could try writing. Santa Maria Assunta is the cathedral there. There are two email addresses at the link below:

https://www.diocesimessina.it/wd-annuar ... sunta-227/

Erudita
Post Reply