Caputi/Caputo family research

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
mOja-Caputi
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 11
Joined: 03 Apr 2025, 05:53

Caputi/Caputo family research

Post by mOja-Caputi »

Hello!! I’ve recently became interested in my ancestry. My grandfather and his whole family is Italian, but unfortunately they’re all dead so I cannot ask them for information. I feel like I have searched all over the web and I have come up almost completely empty. I know my great grandfathers name is Giuseppe Caputi (03/10/1896-09/16/1988), he was married to Loretta A Romano (07/15/1898-08/01/1969). I have found a few ancestors of Loretta but have not gotten very far with Giuseppe. I found Giuseppes birth certificate from Italy, it says he was born in the town Saponara di Grumento to a Vincenzo Caputi and Raffaella Friguglietti but that is the only records I have that speak of his parents. My cousin suspects that Vincenzo’s father may be a man called Don Francesco Paolo Caputi but I can find no records of him either. I am at a loss and would appreciate any help if people have tips or advice for me, maybe if you could even help me find any information. It’d be greatly appreciated!
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Caputi/Caputo family research

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

Post Reply