Giuseppe Innocente SELLA

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
Meisha
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 17 Aug 2025, 19:45

Giuseppe Innocente SELLA

Post by Meisha »

Hello everyone!
My name is Leo, I'm from Buenos Aires, Argentina.
I'm looking for information about my great-great-grandfather.
I'm specifically looking for his birth certificate.

His name was Giuseppe (Innocente) Sella, born in Arsago (now Arsago Seprio) around 1868.

Parents: Pietro (Piero) Sella and Carolina Riganti.
He married in Argentina (San Andrés de Giles) in 1896.
I know he had at least two sisters: Teresa Santina Sella and Luisa Sella.
According to all the records I've reviewed, and doing some calculations, Giuseppe's birth date should be in 1868, but there could be a difference of 1 or 2 years.

From what I know, at that time, Arsago belonged to the Province of Milan. After 1927, it became part of the Province of Varese.
And on January 22, 1948, it changed it's name to Arsago Seprio.

In Argentina, Giuseppe was registered as José Inocente Sella.
I don't know the exact date he entered Argentina.
I know he went to live in San Andrés de Giles, Buenos Aires province, Argentina.
That he married Victoria Rosa Inmaculatta Merletti there on July 6, 1896.
His wife was also Italian, and I believe it was from the same city (Arsago).

I discovered they were from the city of Arsago through a marriage certificate from his sister Teresa Santina Sella.

I am attaching links to the two most important documents that led me to this information:

Giuseppe Sella - Victoria Merletti Marriage Certificate
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... view=index
Teresa Sella - Ottavio Colombo Marriage Certificate
https://www.familysearch.org/ark:/61903 ... view=index


I am also looking for Giuseppe's death certificate. I know he died sometime after 1917.
Anyway, that death certificate is easier to obtain here in Argentina...if he did die here, at all.
So for now, what I'd be most interested in obtaining is Giuseppe's birth certificate.

Well, that's my brief story...first of all, I want to thank you all for taking the time to read and help me with my search.

Greetings to all!
User avatar
PippoM
Master
Master
Posts: 5840
Joined: 25 Aug 2004, 00:00
Location: Roma, Italia
Contact:

Re: Giuseppe Innocente SELLA

Post by PippoM »

It seems there's nothing online for Arsago.
Giuseppe "Pippo" Moccaldi

Certificate requests and genealogical researches in Italy.
Translation of your (old) documents and letters.
Legal assistance in Italy for your Italian citizenship.
Danip
Elite
Elite
Posts: 295
Joined: 29 Aug 2024, 14:52

Re: Giuseppe Innocente SELLA

Post by Danip »

I could help you researching directly in the place.
Please contact me.
Meisha
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 3
Joined: 17 Aug 2025, 19:45

Re: Giuseppe Innocente SELLA

Post by Meisha »

Hello! Thank you for your responses!
I've already discovered my ancestor's date and place of birth.
I requested the marriage certificate from my country, and it listed the name of the commune where he was born.
He was born in the commune of Casorate Sempione, just 1.5 km from Arsago Seprio.
I also requested the birth certificate from the commune, and they've already sent it to me!
Thank you all for your help.
Post Reply