Marriage Translation

Having problems with the Italian language? Do you need help to translate or understand an old family document? There is always someone who can help you!
Post Reply
jmazzu
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 193
Joined: 15 Nov 2019, 01:31

Marriage Translation

Post by jmazzu »

I received a marriage record in PDF from from the Cortale Commune. I have attached the record. Can someone help translate this:
Attachments
Marriage Certificate - Guiseppe Bilotta and Domenico Compansano.pdf
(450.92 KiB) Downloaded 72 times
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Marriage Translation

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

The photocopy is so faint so this translation may need a tweak or two. This base of the record is just talking about when the pubblications were posted and saying that they resulted in no oppposition to the marriage taking place. Maybe someone else can glance over it in case there is anything important there that I’m not seeing.

Marriage No 15?: Giuseppe Santo Bilotta and Domenica Campisano
Cortale: 24 June 1875

Groom: Giuseppe Santo Bilotta, 25 yo, Bovaro (Ox Driver), born in Jarcuso, residing in Cortale, son of Pietro (Bilotta), residing in Jarcuso, and of Vittoria Dattilo? also residing in Jacurso.

Bride: Domenica Campisano, 24 yo, Contadina?, born in Cortale, residing in Cortale, the daughter of the deceased Antonio, and of Maria Castano, residing in Cortale.

Here is Giuseppe Santo Bilotta’s 1850 Baptism Record which helped with his mother’s surname: https://antenati.cultura.gov.it/ark:/12 ... pV?lang=en

So pleased you were able to get this, Julie.

Angela
jmazzu
Veteran
Veteran
Posts: 193
Joined: 15 Nov 2019, 01:31

Re: Marriage Translation

Post by jmazzu »

Thank you Angela. I am pleased too. It opens the door now to researching myself online
AngelaGrace56
Master
Master
Posts: 8078
Joined: 16 Oct 2012, 10:54

Re: Marriage Translation

Post by AngelaGrace56 »

:D

I shall look forward to seeing more records from Jarcuso.

Angela
Post Reply