?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
Post Reply
User avatar
Emmy
Master
Master
Posts: 639
Joined: 11 May 2006, 00:00

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by Emmy »

Hi Joyce
Nice to hear from you, I had thought about that but the 1853 Giovanni was still alive in 1860 when the other one was born. Suanj has suggested that they may be cousins - that there have been 2 Domenico Defilippis married to 2 woman with maiden names Fionda. I will be able to find this out when the next set of films arrive. The only difference in the two birth acts is that one mother is Maria Giuseppa and the other just says Giuseppa but the age of the father ,occupation etc is exactly the same.
I've become addicted to this and I'm finding out some information for someome in NewZealand Just discovered her ancestors were born in the wee village I live in. Wee world isnt it!

I forgot to mention to Michael that there is more information about my family in the other forum too- 'Italian language,translations etc' under the heading "Need some help please translating birth acts"

Will keep in touch
Hope family is still doing well
Love xx
God Bless
Emmy
jcsm400
V.I.P.
V.I.P.
Posts: 2111
Joined: 31 Jan 2006, 00:00
Location: USA

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by jcsm400 »

Hi Emmy,

My family is doing great. Tyler will be moving to St.Louis next weekend, so his dad can start seminary school in August.

How is your family? How many children do you have? I know you have one in France (not sure of gender). Do you have some closer?

It is a small world...When my aunt died in Florida, her kids went to her bank there & was talking to an employee abt. their mom & her sister (my mom)....anyway, another employee overheard my mom's married suname which was the same as the employee's....her husband turned out to be a 1st cousin of my dad!...He's been doing his family genealogy since the 1940's & has shared with me.

You get a really good feeling when you can help others!

Talk to you soon.

XOXO
:) nonna j
Researching in San Vitaliano, Napoli, Italy & Armento, Potenza, Italy.
User avatar
Emmy
Master
Master
Posts: 639
Joined: 11 May 2006, 00:00

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by Emmy »

Hi Joyce
I have two daughters (one is in France) and two sons, three granddaughters, 6 grandsons and wait for the next bit :lol: - 2 rabbits, 4 guinea pigs, 8 zebra finches, two peach faced love birds, one budgie, loads of wild birds in the garden that get fed everyday and my two wee dogs, Bengy and Gizzy(chihuahuas) Family have warned me not to go near any more pet stores (if I go in ad see an animal that looks poorly it somehow seems to come home with me :roll: )and I've been told I have not to replace any when they die. But I have decided when that time comes if someone has to go into hospital or go on holiday I'll look after their pets for them.
Must go to feed them all now
Will post again later
God Bless
Emmy
User avatar
Emmy
Master
Master
Posts: 639
Joined: 11 May 2006, 00:00

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by Emmy »

Hi everyone
Just thought I should let you all know that tonight I finally traced Michelangelo Defillipis - the last of my father's brothers I had to find- the brother I didnt know existed until a 1901 census was found.
Story was that he went to USA and everyone here on this forum have been helping me search there for him I've even been writing letters to people in USA with that name- no relpies of course.
I found his death certifcate tonight. He died in Glasgow and he was a ship's labourer so maybe this is where the story about America came about.
The other surprising thing was that it was my father who signed the death certificate and my father's address was a surprise too because I had never heard of our family ever living at that address.
So now the mystery is solved and the only thing I need to find now is my grandparents marriage certificate, and at the moment I'm waiting for a reply from Italy.
Just like to say again
Many thanks to Nuccia, Joyce, Suanji, Riccardo, Marisa, Wldspirit, Trish, Vj, and all the others for all the help they have given me over a long period of time.

May God Bless you all

Emmy
wldspirit
Staff
Staff
Posts: 5606
Joined: 17 Nov 2004, 00:00
Location: U.S.A.
Contact:

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by wldspirit »

Congratulations Emmy..... :D
It's wonderful when those brick walls come down!!!
Anytime you need us......we're here to help!!!
Lee
___________________________

"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
User avatar
Emmy
Master
Master
Posts: 639
Joined: 11 May 2006, 00:00

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by Emmy »

Lee
It is wonderful feeling when you do find that last missing piece of the jigsaw.

When I first discovered some information about my ancestors it was as though they were shadowy beings way in the distance and sadly, even although I'll never know what they actually looked like, bit by bit they have become clear images; real people who mean a lot to me.

So a message to everyone out there who seems to be searching in vain - dont give up (I've been searching for over 30 years) because with a little help from all your friends here you'll discover miracles do happen.

God Bless Emmy
nuccia
Staff
Staff
Posts: 4606
Joined: 20 Nov 2005, 00:00
Location: Toronto, Canada
Contact:

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by nuccia »

emmy I'm so happy for you!

I know how long you've been waiting for all this and now, once you get that last document, you will have another piece to your puzzle.

Hope to talk to you soon..(computer died so I've been away for a few days but I'll have skype up and running soon).

Hugs!
nuccia - IG Moderator
Italian Surname Database
Image
User avatar
Emmy
Master
Master
Posts: 639
Joined: 11 May 2006, 00:00

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by Emmy »

I know I did say in my last post that I would never know what they looked like- but now that's not quite true I have just received this photograph of my grandparents from my cousin.

Image
She was told it was a 'farewell' photograph probably taken at the time when they were leaving Italy to come to London approx 1883-1885
This is really the icing on the cake
God Bless
Emmy
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by vj »

Emmy, what a beautiful picture!
Congratulations :D
Thank you for posting it.
Valarie
User avatar
Emmy
Master
Master
Posts: 639
Joined: 11 May 2006, 00:00

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by Emmy »

Just felt it right that I add this lastest piece of information :-
I had found out from Millybobs, another poster on this site, who had recently visted Sant'Elia Fiumerapido Prov. Frosinone , that the Church of San Biagio, where I had believed that my grandparents were married, was no longer there, in the late 1800's/early1900's it was closed and people then went to the church of S.Maria La Nova. I had previously written to the Church of San Biagio for information but never received replies-now I know why!
Then I had a thought, if the people went to the new church then maybe some of the records would have been transferred there too, so with help from my friends re translations etc I posted a request for information to the church of S.Maria La Nova at the beginning of this month and today I received a reply WITH AN EXTRACT FROM MY GRANDPARENTS MARRIAGE ACT.
In case this can be of help to others: They were married in the Church in 1879 but the information given at the bottom of their birth acts is about the CIVIL marriage in 1883.
So this is a bit of advice- If at first you dont have any success - DONT give up - Just try try try again. This piece of information has taken me only just over 34 years to find it :wink: :D :D :D
Emmy
vj
Master
Master
Posts: 8066
Joined: 16 Aug 2002, 00:00

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by vj »

"DONT give up - Just try try try again."
Emmy,
Congratulations :D !
A wonderful lesson for all of us.
Valarie
User avatar
tvlsimp
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 18:24

Re: ?Defilippis/Bastianell: MyGrandparents

Post by tvlsimp »

Emmy: I believe I know the members of your family. Contact me if you like and I will tell you what I know.

The Sabato Bastianelli is the father of Ilia who is married to Umberto Iannetta and they live on via Vaccareccia. They are on the line to Atian and Belmonte Castello are considered in BC. I do have much more information if you would like to know more.

tvlsimp@maine.rr.com

Nancy Bastianelli Simpson
Wells Maine USA
Post Reply