I've seen many websites that offer to do the work for you for hundreds of dollars. I know and have visited the town my family is from, so any opinions on writing the town for the cetrificates myself? The consulate says it's free but I could include an international money order for postage. Great! I really only need the marriage certificate (Date unknown, but we know it's from about 1900) and two birth certificates.
And so I find myself grappling with the naturalization papers. I've seen lots of posts for NYC and SF, but anyone familiar with Philly? I'm so confused as to which papers from where... archives.gov said that they do not give 'no records' papers. I have a the g639 form. Is that all I need? I'm not too clear on what it is.
I'm not in a hurry, but I would like to have my citizenship in two or two and a half years, before I go back again! ANY suggestions, comments would be so appreciated!
Edited to comment that in filling out the g639, am I correct that I need my great grandfather's death certificate? He also was an illegal alien, of sorts, for his whole life. No social, no registration numbers, nothing... which to me proves he was never naturalized but I want to fill out this form as best as possible... I heard it takes a while.
My great grandfather died in 1960. My local vital records only keeps death certificates from 1962 on... wonderful... are there any exceptions for the g639 for this?

