An archivist who blogs about genealogy featured Italian genealogy today:
Here's the link to the entry.
I haven't heard of any of these books. I'd be curious to hear reviews from any of you who might have read them.
Thanks!
Donna
Italian emigration book recommendations
Re: Italian emigration book recommendations
I have not read these, but I did read La Storia, which is in English. It is the story of 500 yrs. of Italian immigration to America. It is about 500 pages and is filled with information on the situation in Italy at the turn of the century, life in the big cities, such as NYC's Little Italy, the Italian-American labor movement, etc... I thought it was a pretty good read, although some sections are a little dense and slow-going.
Re: Italian emigration book recommendations
I haven't read any of those titles, but I did read "Italian Americans" by
Morreale and Carola.......reads fast and the pictures are fantastic, even covering the famous Mulberry street in New York.
Also includes a number of website addy's on topics of interest......
well worth the price of the book.
wldspirit
Morreale and Carola.......reads fast and the pictures are fantastic, even covering the famous Mulberry street in New York.
Also includes a number of website addy's on topics of interest......
well worth the price of the book.
wldspirit
___________________________
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."


