Pasqualetto,Jersey City NJ
- BillieDeKid
- Master

- Posts: 1207
- Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
- Location: Illinois
Re: Pasqualetto,Jersey City NJ
You guys are rockin'!!!!!!
Re: Pasqualetto,Jersey City NJ
I checked surnames for Riesi and looks like the surname is probably Giambusso.misbris wrote:This is how Ellis Island transcribes the mother's name. She leaves a father Vincenzo in Italy and is going to husband Giuseppi Pasqualetto in Jersey City. I t is 133, but I can't make out the street.
First Name: Cronfina
Last Name: Gianbuzzo
Ethnicity: Italian
Last Place of Residence: ...
Date of Arrival: Oct 10, 1913
Age at Arrival: 44y Gender: F Marital Status: M
Ship of Travel: Italia
Port of Departure: Palermo
Manifest Line Number: 0004
Mary Jo
Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
Re: Pasqualetto,Jersey City NJ
Hey Mary Jo, Elizabeth & Biff, I’ll give it a shot too!
Mary Jo's 1913 manifest find:
Best guesses
Lines 4-7
?? Giambusso 44?
- last residence Riesi
- in Riesi, father Vincenzo
- joining husband Giuseppe Pasqualetto at 133 Brunswick St
- born in Riesi
children
Crocifissa? Pasqualetto 18
Giuseppa? Pasqualetto 14?
Vincenzo Pasqualetto 9 (abt 1904)
Mary Jo's 1913 manifest find:
Best guesses
Lines 4-7
?? Giambusso 44?
- last residence Riesi
- in Riesi, father Vincenzo
- joining husband Giuseppe Pasqualetto at 133 Brunswick St
- born in Riesi
children
Crocifissa? Pasqualetto 18
Giuseppa? Pasqualetto 14?
Vincenzo Pasqualetto 9 (abt 1904)
Re: Pasqualetto,Jersey City NJ
I thought it looked like S on the manifest. And her name is probably Crosifissa (sp?) What do you think?
Re: Pasqualetto,Jersey City NJ
We crossed on Crosifissa. (Ha) I wonder how it is spelled? Anyway, Grandma and grandaughter are probably the Tessies on the census.
Mary Jo
Mary Jo
- BillieDeKid
- Master

- Posts: 1207
- Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
- Location: Illinois
Re: Pasqualetto,Jersey City NJ
Hey vj,
I just came back to this thread. It was misbris's (Mary Jo's) find on the manifest not me. But thanks!!!!
Elizabeth
I just came back to this thread. It was misbris's (Mary Jo's) find on the manifest not me. But thanks!!!!
Elizabeth
Re: Pasqualetto,Jersey City NJ
Hey Mary Jo
!
My apologies!
I hope some of these names turn out to be
familiar, there are a bunch of LoGiudice folks
in Jersey City...
Valarie
My apologies!
I hope some of these names turn out to be
familiar, there are a bunch of LoGiudice folks
in Jersey City...
Valarie
Re: Pasqualetto,Jersey City NJ
Quite all right Valarie. We are all working together. Now if cpnj can verify this info, we'll be fine.
Re: Pasqualetto,Jersey City NJ
I checked the spelling it is CROCIFISSA.
Re: Pasqualetto,Jersey City NJ
Lo Giudice
from Biff: On the 1930 census you just posted check out
the family beginning on line 26: Peter LoGiudice and family!
May be an unrelated family!
Just couldn’t resist
3 brothers? At 33 Emerson Ave
Note: 33 Emerson Avenue is the address of the Pasqualetto family
on the 1930 census (back on pg 1)
1917 Pietro WWI Draft Registration Card
Pietro Lo Giudice
33 Emerson Ave
Born 7 Jan 1894 in Riesi
Labor, steel laundry
Support Mother & Father in Italy
Single
1917 Salvatore WWI Draft Registration Card
Salvatore Lo Giudice
333 (prob 33) Emerson Ave
Born 25 Dec 1895 in Riesi
Single
1918 Alex WWI Draft Registration Card
Alessandro? Lo Giudice
33 Emerson Ave
Born 15 Mar 1897 in Riesi
Father born in Riesi
Nearest relative brother Pietro (at same address)
---
Manifest with destination of 33 Emerson Avenue
January 1920 manifest
page 2
Lines 4-6
Angelo Lo Giudice 58, barber
- last residence Riesi
- wife in Riesi, Angela? Riccobene
(not the same name as the 1921 manifest with Angelo & Gaetana)
- joining son Pietro at 33 Emerson Ave
- born in Riesi
(Grand?) children
Maria Rosaria 14
Rosalia 17
- relative in Riesi, grandmother Angela? Riccobene
- both joining brother Pietro
---
Two weeks after 1920 manifest (above),
1920 census
Home in 1920:
66 Wallis Ave
Jersey City Ward 10, Hudson, New Jersey
head Peter Logiudice 25
wife Isabella Logiudice 18
father Angelo Logiudice 56
brother Alex Logiudice 23
sister Rosalie Logiudice 17
sister Sadie Logiudice 15
from Biff: On the 1930 census you just posted check out
the family beginning on line 26: Peter LoGiudice and family!
May be an unrelated family!
Just couldn’t resist
3 brothers? At 33 Emerson Ave
Note: 33 Emerson Avenue is the address of the Pasqualetto family
on the 1930 census (back on pg 1)
1917 Pietro WWI Draft Registration Card
Pietro Lo Giudice
33 Emerson Ave
Born 7 Jan 1894 in Riesi
Labor, steel laundry
Support Mother & Father in Italy
Single
1917 Salvatore WWI Draft Registration Card
Salvatore Lo Giudice
333 (prob 33) Emerson Ave
Born 25 Dec 1895 in Riesi
Single
1918 Alex WWI Draft Registration Card
Alessandro? Lo Giudice
33 Emerson Ave
Born 15 Mar 1897 in Riesi
Father born in Riesi
Nearest relative brother Pietro (at same address)
---
Manifest with destination of 33 Emerson Avenue
January 1920 manifest
page 2
Lines 4-6
Angelo Lo Giudice 58, barber
- last residence Riesi
- wife in Riesi, Angela? Riccobene
(not the same name as the 1921 manifest with Angelo & Gaetana)
- joining son Pietro at 33 Emerson Ave
- born in Riesi
(Grand?) children
Maria Rosaria 14
Rosalia 17
- relative in Riesi, grandmother Angela? Riccobene
- both joining brother Pietro
---
Two weeks after 1920 manifest (above),
1920 census
Home in 1920:
66 Wallis Ave
Jersey City Ward 10, Hudson, New Jersey
head Peter Logiudice 25
wife Isabella Logiudice 18
father Angelo Logiudice 56
brother Alex Logiudice 23
sister Rosalie Logiudice 17
sister Sadie Logiudice 15
Re: Pasqualetto,Jersey City NJ
To All That Have Helped Me:
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! I have some checking out to do since I am currecntly living in Bayonne I will go over to the Jersey City libary and Hall of Records nad see if any of this checks out. I will let you all know what I find out ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU!!!!
OH BY THE WAY CROCIFISSA means crucifix in Italian and it translates to Tessie in english.I know this because that is my aunts name.
THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! I have some checking out to do since I am currecntly living in Bayonne I will go over to the Jersey City libary and Hall of Records nad see if any of this checks out. I will let you all know what I find out ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU!!!!
OH BY THE WAY CROCIFISSA means crucifix in Italian and it translates to Tessie in english.I know this because that is my aunts name.
Re: Pasqualetto,Jersey City NJ
Greetings All SORRY for taking so long to get back to you all The 1930 Census that yoou found may be right I am just waiting for my mother to find some of my fathers papers as she just moved and evyerthing is in boxes. She rembembers my father saying he grew up on Emerson Ave. but she does not know of any older sister that did not surive. As for my grandmothers family "LoGudice" Nobody knows nothing at all so I kinda hit a brick wall with that one. Thanks for all the help once again I will post something when I know more 
