Inzerillo & Sanzone marriage records

Are you looking for an Italian surname? Do you need more information about your family heritage?
This is the right place to start your genealogy search.
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Inzerillo & Sanzone marriage records

Post by Biff83 »

Laura and Valarie,

Great work locating the census, draft and immigration records. I also noticed a number of other Inzerillo's who emigrated from Camporeale. Still searching for Antonio's ship manifest. I'm wondering if he emigrated to NYC first since wife Crocifissa relocated there after his death.

Biff
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
User avatar
Biff83
Master
Master
Posts: 4495
Joined: 02 Jan 2007, 00:00

Re: Inzerillo & Sanzone marriage records

Post by Biff83 »

1925 Iowa Census for Crocifissa and Children

Note the Frank Maggio family above. Possibly the same Frank Maggio as the one on VJ's 1910 census find?
Name: Inzrello Crocifissa
Census Date: 1 Jan 1925
Residence County: Boone
Residence State: Iowa
Locality: Boone Ward 2
Birth Location: Italy
Marital Status: Widowed
Gender: Male
Birth Year: abt 1885
Race: White
Relation to Head: Head
Father: Don Know
Line: 7
"Mintammicce impizzu mpizzu ca pue largu minne fazzu sule!"
User avatar
Lindzy1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: 01 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: Inzerillo & Sanzone marriage records

Post by Lindzy1 »

The people in New York were my grandfathers's brothers. I am not sure about how many because my Dad only remembers one named Giuseppe.
In Akron was my Grandmother's sister who was Anna Sanzone married to a LaPerna. She is the only relative of my Grandmother's that I am sure about. I am sure there are more, but I only know these two. The rest of my Dad's memories are too vague.
User avatar
Lindzy1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: 01 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: Inzerillo & Sanzone marriage records

Post by Lindzy1 »

Since they said in the 1920 census that they were naturalized in 1919, can we search in naturalization records? How is this done?
pink67
Master
Master
Posts: 4461
Joined: 25 Oct 2005, 00:00
Location: italia - liguria

Re: Inzerillo & Sanzone marriage records

Post by pink67 »

Ciao Linda,

don't want to make confusion, and maybe it's only my impression but can you tell me if Crocifissa's sister Anna was married with Dan Lapenna?
this because I found the 1920 and 1930 Census for this family living in Akron - Ohio and it seems Anna was naturalized, so if she is the sister of Crocifissa maybe request her naturalization papers could be very helpful to find their exact birth place .... From the 1920 census the family was:

Dan Lapenna 46
Annie Lapenna 44
Tom Lapenna 21
Frances Lapenna 18
Mary Lapenna 16
Rosa Lapenna 14
Grace Lapenna 11
Joseph Lapenna 9
Frank Lapenna 7
Margaret Lapenna 6

Laura
User avatar
lilbees
Master
Master
Posts: 878
Joined: 09 Mar 2007, 00:00
Location: Georgia, USA

Re: Inzerillo & Sanzone marriage records

Post by lilbees »

Just some info. There is a family of Sanzones living in Waukegan, Lake, Illinois. They have been there at least from the early 1920s'. Could this be part of your family. They may have some info for you. Mike Sanzone is an insurance agent in the Lake County area so I am sure he would talk with you. It may be of some help in your search for info on your grandmother.

Pre 1916
http://www.ilsos.gov/GenealogyMWeb/idphdeathsrch.html

1916 - 1950
http://www.ilsos.gov/GenealogyMWeb/deathsrch.html

The Illinois Death Index shows a list of 12 with the name Sanzone 1916 to 1950. In the index pre-1916 there are 10 listed.

http://www.ilsos.gov/GenealogyMWeb/Marr ... rchServlet
Marriages 1763 - 1900

Christofola Sanzone married to Thressa Orela 23 Feb 1888
Vito Sanzone married to Fillipa Caldarone 24 Jul 1892

An additional death record:
INZERILLO, CARLO 07 JUL 1917 COOK COUNTY CHICAGO
http://www.ilsos.gov/GenealogyMWeb/IDPH ... rchServlet

Just an F.Y.I. the Chicago & Northwestern ran along the Lake Michigan shoreline from Chicago to Milwaukee and it had an east, west line as well from Chicago westward to I think Dupage County. It now also has a northwest line that runs from Chicago to Antioch, Illinois as well.
pink67
Master
Master
Posts: 4461
Joined: 25 Oct 2005, 00:00
Location: italia - liguria

Re: Inzerillo & Sanzone marriage records

Post by pink67 »

Hi Linda,

want to show you these arrival manifests just to see if your Dad remember some names....

Possible Antonino Inzerillo Arrival... Febr 1905

The last name is Inzirillo, the age matches, he was married, coming from Camporeale, first time he went in Usa, was going to meet his brother in law Sansone Baldassare in New Orleans (possible Crocifissa's brother?)... travelling with Anzelmo Calogero (maybe Anselmo) who declared to go to his brother in law Sansone Baldassarre....
Image

And Sansone Baldassare second arrival in 1909, from Camporeale, he declared to be married with Francesca Occhipinti (wife was in Italy-Camporeale) had been in New Orleans from 1903 to 1907

Page 1 Sanzone Baldassarre arrival

Image

Page 2:

Image

Sanzone Baldassarre came the first time in May 1904 (ship Manilla from Palermo to New Orleans)....

There is another arrival record for him... June 1913... travelling with his brother Sansone Castrenze (??) married with Inzerillo Calogera, the two brothers declared to go to another brother Sansone Antonino (don't understand the place he was living in...)
If you think these names are related with your family I'll post the others manifests I found.....

Laura
User avatar
Lindzy1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: 01 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: Inzerillo & Sanzone marriage records

Post by Lindzy1 »

YES! Anna Sanzone's married name is LaPerna. The spelling threw me off because I am so new to this. So you did find Crocifissa's sister. That's amazing!
User avatar
Lindzy1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: 01 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: Inzerillo & Sanzone marriage records

Post by Lindzy1 »

Laura,
Do you know how would I find out the names of the Church or Churches in Camporeale? If I find those, maybe I can locate marriage records for my grandparents.

Thanks,
Linda
pink67
Master
Master
Posts: 4461
Joined: 25 Oct 2005, 00:00
Location: italia - liguria

Re: Inzerillo & Sanzone marriage records

Post by pink67 »

Hi Linda,

I think this can be an helpful site to begin this search...

http://www.theitalianheritage.it/?conte ... ng=english

If you choose ... "Contatta Ufficio Anagrafe" you can send an e-mail message to the civil office of the Comune but you need some sure dates about yours ancestors...

I searched on the White pages and this is the only one parish....

Parrocchia S. Antonio Di Padova
90043 Camporeale (PA) - Via Atrio Principe
0924 36027

But I think there was another closed in 2005 :

GAZZETTA UFFICIALE SERIE GENERALE N. 251 DEL 27/10/2005

ESTRATTI, SUNTI E COMUNICATI

MINISTERO DELL'INTERNO
COMUNICATO
Riconoscimento civile dell'estinzione della Parrocchia Maria SS.
Immacolata, in Camporeale
Pag. 86

I'll try to translate but, please apologize me because my english is very poor of words, Civil acknowledgment of the estinguishment of Maria Santissima Immacolata Parish in Camporeale

This village has only 4.000 residents and it seems at the moment there is only one church so You can surely write.....
I'm not expert in what kind of letter you can send... maybe it's better for you open another post asking for help in writing to the parishes (I know there are forms on line but at the moment I don't remember the site address... surely someone else can help)

Ciao!
Laura
User avatar
Lindzy1
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 12
Joined: 01 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: Inzerillo & Sanzone marriage records

Post by Lindzy1 »

Can anyone tell me how to request naturalization records for my grandmother's sister Anna LaPerna?
pink67
Master
Master
Posts: 4461
Joined: 25 Oct 2005, 00:00
Location: italia - liguria

Re: Inzerillo & Sanzone marriage records

Post by pink67 »

Hi Linda....
I'm not expert with naturalization records, but found this on the National Archives site:

https://eservices.archives.gov/orderonl ... detail.htm


https://eservices.archives.gov/orderonl ... chives.gov

but I hope someone more qualyfied than me will answer to your question!

Laura :D
pink67
Master
Master
Posts: 4461
Joined: 25 Oct 2005, 00:00
Location: italia - liguria

Re: Inzerillo & Sanzone marriage records

Post by pink67 »

I forgot!

Don't know if it can be helpful, but these are the 2 manifests of the 1920/1930 Censuses for Dan Lapenna in Akron.... They declared to be naturalized in 1930 census and to be alien in 1920 census.

1930 page 2
[img=http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/2733 ... el1.th.jpg]

1930 page 1
[img=http://img237.imageshack.us/img237/9134 ... ov3.th.jpg]

1920 CENSUS for the same family:

[img=http://img138.imageshack.us/img138/1222 ... jz8.th.jpg]
User avatar
thomas.v
Newbie
Newbie
Posts: 2
Joined: 28 Oct 2007, 00:00

Re: Inzerillo & Sanzone marriage records

Post by thomas.v »

Hi.

I have been doing some family research as of late.

My Great Great grandparents Antonio Inzerillo and Crocifissa Sanzone are the same based on the information in this thread.

She moved with her children from Iowa to NY after her husband Antonio died from a tooth infection.

This thread has been very intresting.


Edited.
pink67
Master
Master
Posts: 4461
Joined: 25 Oct 2005, 00:00
Location: italia - liguria

Re: Inzerillo & Sanzone marriage records

Post by pink67 »

:D :D :D

Only to say that I'm so happy for you.....
I hope that Linda check soon her PM.... please let us know if you are really related....
..."In bocca al lupo!!!!"

Laura :lol:
Post Reply