Gerard and brother Bartomelo PARADISO came over from hometown of Santeramo in Collie ,the province of Bari and of the Puglia region 1907..
Grazia and brother Joseph LOGUERCIO (sp?) or LOQUERCIO came from their hometown of Grassano,in the province of Matera, in the Southern Italian region of Basilicata in 1909...
any info about he area or the names..much appreciated
fmlygenie@msn.com
Jeri(PARADISO) POHLMAN
PARADISO-Santeramo in Collie/LOGUERCIO(sp?)-Grassano 1907-09
Re: PARADISO-Santeramo in Collie/LOGUERCIO(sp?)-Grassano 190
The most likely spelling of the name is LOGUERCIO.
wldspirit
wldspirit
___________________________
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
"Cambiano i suonatori ma la musica è sempre quella."
- BillieDeKid
- Master

- Posts: 1207
- Joined: 29 Jul 2007, 00:00
- Location: Illinois
Re: PARADISO-Santeramo in Collie/LOGUERCIO(sp?)-Grassano 190
Hi Jeri
I did a look up of the manifests for Gerard and Bartomelo Paradiso and noticed that here is another brother named Vincenzo and a sister named Chiara. Also mentioned is their mother Carolina (didn't give her surname) You didn't mention them so I didn't know if you were aware of them (as far as siblings go) or not.
Hope this info is useful.
I did a look up of the manifests for Gerard and Bartomelo Paradiso and noticed that here is another brother named Vincenzo and a sister named Chiara. Also mentioned is their mother Carolina (didn't give her surname) You didn't mention them so I didn't know if you were aware of them (as far as siblings go) or not.
Hope this info is useful.
Re: PARADISO-Santeramo in Collie/LOGUERCIO(sp?)-Grassano 190
Elizabeth,
Thank You for the post..
I don't think that is the same PARADISO family..
What I know about Gerard and Bartomelo ( or Bartholamew) is very little..
Parents both died in 1885 when Gerard was 5yrs and sister Ciarinna (who ma. Erasmus NATUZZI) took them in after being shifted from family to family.
Parents of Gerard
Father-Erasmus(Mason/bricklayer)His Father-Bartholamew
Mother-Maria Concetta (MARASCO) her Father- Gerard
Truly I can not trust any of the info I have gotten from my Father and his siblings most of whom are still living..My G-parents , I guess did not speak much of their family or else their children were not listening if they did..
I regret not having had the willingness to speak to my Grandmother (Gerards wife) she lived to be 102 and had the mind of a young woman all that time!
Anyway..does this info match anything you might have..
And when you say manifests , is that for the ship?? I think he came in on the ship Regina D'Italia 9/1907 from the Port of Naples. I am such a newbie at this but have been searching the internet for 15yrs! It has only been reciently that I have found some things..
TY again asd looking forward to hearing more from you..
Jeri (PARADISO) POHLMAN
Thank You for the post..
I don't think that is the same PARADISO family..
What I know about Gerard and Bartomelo ( or Bartholamew) is very little..
Parents both died in 1885 when Gerard was 5yrs and sister Ciarinna (who ma. Erasmus NATUZZI) took them in after being shifted from family to family.
Parents of Gerard
Father-Erasmus(Mason/bricklayer)His Father-Bartholamew
Mother-Maria Concetta (MARASCO) her Father- Gerard
Truly I can not trust any of the info I have gotten from my Father and his siblings most of whom are still living..My G-parents , I guess did not speak much of their family or else their children were not listening if they did..
I regret not having had the willingness to speak to my Grandmother (Gerards wife) she lived to be 102 and had the mind of a young woman all that time!
Anyway..does this info match anything you might have..
And when you say manifests , is that for the ship?? I think he came in on the ship Regina D'Italia 9/1907 from the Port of Naples. I am such a newbie at this but have been searching the internet for 15yrs! It has only been reciently that I have found some things..
TY again asd looking forward to hearing more from you..
Jeri (PARADISO) POHLMAN
Re: PARADISO-Santeramo in Collie/LOGUERCIO(sp?)-Grassano 190
Thank you wldspirit..I have had a time of it trying to get the spelling for YEARS!!
no one in the family..least of all my G-Mother who was not able to read or write..
So the many variations of LOGUERCIO were
LOQU
LOGU
LOZU
and LOVU
That is why I was so thrilled that after 50 yrs I could actually get another person w/ the spelling..
The internet is a wonderful thing..and getting better all the time for those of us who search!
Jeri (PARADISO) POHLMAN
PS I found a new site
Familylink.com
they boast being like a "myspace" for genealogy!!
I signed up asap..
cool
no one in the family..least of all my G-Mother who was not able to read or write..
So the many variations of LOGUERCIO were
LOQU
LOGU
LOZU
and LOVU
That is why I was so thrilled that after 50 yrs I could actually get another person w/ the spelling..
The internet is a wonderful thing..and getting better all the time for those of us who search!
Jeri (PARADISO) POHLMAN
PS I found a new site
Familylink.com
they boast being like a "myspace" for genealogy!!
I signed up asap..
cool
Re: PARADISO-Santeramo in Collie/LOGUERCIO(sp?)-Grassano 190
Looking for info on Jennie M. Paradiso born 1889 Italy, migrated to NY, USA in late 1800's. Believe father to be Alexander Paradiso. Any help would be appreciated.
Re: PARADISO-Santeramo in Collie/LOGUERCIO(sp?)-Grassano 190
LadyJane
I have usually started in Ellis Is
www.ellisisland.org
I wish I had something in my family with Alexander..but I don't
If I come across those names in my journey I will let you know!
Happy hunting!
I have usually started in Ellis Is
www.ellisisland.org
I wish I had something in my family with Alexander..but I don't
If I come across those names in my journey I will let you know!
Happy hunting!
Thank You ,
Jeri (PARADISO) POHLMAN
LOGUERCIO/DeMARCO/MARASCO
Area of Santeramo in Colle and Grassano, Italy
BOWER(S)/TRIGG in Ohio/PA
POHLMAN/HILL in TX-OK-MO
Jeri (PARADISO) POHLMAN
LOGUERCIO/DeMARCO/MARASCO
Area of Santeramo in Colle and Grassano, Italy
BOWER(S)/TRIGG in Ohio/PA
POHLMAN/HILL in TX-OK-MO

